Poll

Do you think that the Pyro is Cheap?

Ya
20 (18.7%)
Nah
87 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: Pyro is Cheap  (Read 8690 times)

Ok, pretty much nobody has agreed with me, but I think that the Pyro in TF2 is horrendously cheap. There are a number of reason for this:

1. You can't even get close to a Pyro as long as he/she just sprays around the flamethrower; its a spam gun.
  2. The flaregun, even though it has a longer reload time, has more ammo than the huntsman, can do a ton of damage, and flys pretty straight.
  3. The Backburner update made the flame thrower ever cheaper by adding distance and damage to the flames.
  4. Flames last way to long, one spurt of flame can take more than half your health if you can't find water or a form of health.
  5. Flames slow you down so that you can be burned even more.
  6. Once your in the Pyro's trap, you can be killed in less than two seconds.

Even though the Pyro has a short range, I think that some of the damage needs to be turned down, I mean the Backburner has a really large flame radius.

Does anyone agree?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 06:08:39 PM by Radial543 »

Your mom is cheap.
Learn2joke

Also FINALLY someone who realizes this.

I got hit by 1 stray flame, and I went down like 30-50 HP.
Though I don't think it slows you down while being hit.

Learn2joke

Also FINALLY someone who realizes this.

I got hit by 1 stray flame, and I went down like 30-50 HP.
Though I don't think it slows you down while being hit.
Then stop using the scout and learn2spy

Then stop using the scout and learn2spy
1. You can't even get close to a Pyro as long as he/she just sprays around the flamethrower; its a spam gun.
^ Even if you are invisible, you can see the flames in mid air, giving away your position.

It's the Soldier all over again.

Atleast it still doesn't have 200 Hp or whatever people were complaining about months ago.

^ Even if you are invisible, you can see the flames in mid air, giving away your position.
Forgetting about dead ringer.

Atleast it still doesn't have 200 Hp or whatever people were complaining about months ago.
Well, the only counter to the Pyro is the Heavy because he has a spam gun also, and increased health.

It's not that cheap. In order to do any damage, you have to close to the enemy, which is quite difficult when they are spraying bullets everywhere.

I don't have any problems killing a pyro as:
Medic
Pyro
Soldier
Heavy
Demoman
Sniper

I can kill the Pyro in Vanilla TF2(Eww), with the demoman and the scout. Other than that, it's a cheap class.

It's not that cheap. In order to do any damage, you have to close to the enemy, which is quite difficult when they are spraying bullets everywhere.
They can use the shotgun, it's pretty longranged.

Every class has it's cheapness.

Sniper - Huntsman (Durr, easiest thing in the world, hilariously easy to headshot, way too much damage)
Soldier - Equalizer (That stuff has no drawback, it's just a hell of a lot better)
Demoman - Spam grenades (Explains itself)
Engineer - No aiming (Also explains itself)
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.