Poll

Do you think that the Pyro is Cheap?

Ya
20 (18.7%)
Nah
87 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: Pyro is Cheap  (Read 8695 times)

Then stop using the scout and learn2spy
Way to jump the gun, I rarely play Scout, I play Soldier and Heavy way more.
also I already know how2spy.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 06:22:03 PM by Proog »

waaaaaah im too dumb to kill pyros so cheep ):):):):):):):):

waaaaaah im too dumb to kill pyros so cheep ):):):):):):):):
True, though when it happens in almost any server it starts to get annoying.

Every class I play is OP, I think I break the game when I play. There is no reason I can think of as to why I kill people with any class I play and no one kills me.

Every class I play is OP, I think I break the game when I play. There is no reason I can think of as to why I kill people with any class I play and no one kills me.
What class, and is this sarcasm?

M1+W.

But then again, that was the whole purpose of the class. Instead of charging straight at them, try to pick them off from a distance. It's not that hard.

I've done all I can to stray from being a cheap Pyro. I do the M1 + M2 + 3 strategy as much as possible.

Ok, pretty much nobody has agreed with me, but I think that the Pyro in TF2 is horrendously cheap. There are a number of reason for this:

1. You can't even get close to a Pyro as long as he/she just sprays around the flamethrower; its a spam gun.
  2. The flaregun, even though it has a longer reload time, has more ammo than the huntsman, can do a ton of damage, and flys pretty straight.
  3. The Backburner update made the flame thrower ever cheaper by adding distance and damage to the flames.
  4. Flames last way to long, one spurt of flame can take more than half your health if you can't find water or a form of health.
  5. Flames slow you down so that you can be burned even more.
  6. Once your in the Pyro's trap, you can be killed in less than two seconds.

Even though the Pyro has a short range, I think that some of the damage needs to be turned down, I mean the Backburner has a really large flame radius.

Does anyone agree?
1. Don't get close to them and kill them with a ranged weapon, and they'll be at your mercy.
2. In order to get it you have to trade away your shotgun.  Therefor you have pretty much lost any hope of fighting someone who is actively fighting you at any range but close.  If you're getting killed by a flare gun while engaged with a pyro, learn to side step, the flare gun moves slowly and can easily be dodged by anyone actively doing so.
3. Haven't used the back-burner, but I have seen many complaints about it being the worst weapon in the game.
4. Many things can put out flames. Find a health pack, medic, dispenser, or a friendly pyro to blow the flames out, and you're all good.  Afterburn is one of the key components of pyro play.
5. Not sure if this is true.  Even if it is you often can cause allot of damage to the pyro anyway.
6. Mele weapons can kill you in 4-6 seconds.  A mele specific class should be able to do better than that.  It's not that easy to create said trap.

Oh, and If Pyros are bothering you, get a Medic.

Sniper - Huntsman (Durr, easiest thing in the world, hilariously easy to headshot, way too much damage)
proven to do less damage past 0-5% charge. So in turn for less damage and ammo, you get:
faster reload time
faster movement while charged
faster charge
waist and up headshot hitzone dramatization used
a killing taunt

4. Many things can put out flames. Find a health pack, medic, dispenser, or a friendly pyro to blow the flames
Good luck finding someone who knows how to do that, some people don't know the Flamethrower has a secondary fire, or that the Electro Sapper isn't a gun.

Ok, pretty much nobody has agreed with me, but I think that the Pyro in TF2 is horrendously cheap. There are a number of reason for this:

1. You can't even get close to a Pyro as long as he/she just sprays around the flamethrower; its a spam gun.
True
  2. The flaregun, even though it has a longer reload time, has more ammo than the huntsman, can do a ton of damage, and flys pretty straight.
True
  3. The Backburner update made the flame thrower ever cheaper by adding distance and damage to the flames.
What? The Backburner does everything the Flamethrower does-- MINUS COMPRESSION BLAST AND RANDOM CRITS.
  4. Flames last way to long, one spurt of flame can take more than half your health if you can't find water or a form of health.
Health packs are everywhere. Memorize them.
Um, no.
Use guns.

Even though the Pyro has a short range, I think that some of the damage needs to be turned down, I mean the Backburner has a really large flame radius.

Does anyone agree?

Good luck finding someone who knows how to do that, some people don't know the Flamethrower has a secondary fire, or that the Electro Sapper isn't a gun.
I do it all the time.  It's a matter of team work, not of not being balanced.

I do it all the time.  It's a matter of team work, not of not being balanced.
I know that, but i mean half of the people are complete handicaps who have played the game for like 10 minutes.

What the hell class are you playing that ONLY uses melee weapons? Any competent player can take down a pyro without getting in range of it's flamethrower.
  2. The flaregun, even though it has a longer reload time, has more ammo than the huntsman, can do a ton of damage, and flys pretty straight. That's the loving point.
Distance? What? No, it does not go farther, quit bitching about the backburner. It's fine.
This is the only thing I agree with in your entire post.
Bullstuff.
What trap? If you're backed in a corner it just sucks to be you, stay away from corners.

Good luck finding someone who knows how to do that, some people don't know the Flamethrower has a secondary fire
Key word is some. A lot of people I've played with can use airblast. However, they usually end up igniting me, then blasting me out of range, but at least they know it's there.
or that the Electro Sapper isn't a gun.
Stop playing with 4 year olds.

Pyro is a lot of things. Easy to use is one of them. But easy to use does not equal cheap. Getting close enough to an enemy to use the flamethrower is not easy if opponents are paying attention, unless you have a good ambush spot. That is where the backburner comes in. It's for ambushes. You have no idea how exciting it is to sneak up behind a medic and his buddy and take them down.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:24:47 PM by Qwepir »