Author Topic: Beta Stuff  (Read 35692 times)

You guys are just voting tails beacuse he is your friend/gave you admin on his server/begged you to vote for him on MSN.

Vote For me :cookieMonster:

If i had to choose for anyone here to get the beta i would say Bleh should get it.

He said he would implement "A system for adding and activating new game types". Does anyone know how this is going to work?

Probably similar to how BJway Bandit's game works with custom game modes.

Hm...dunno.  Just some sort of system for enabling/disabling any mod would be cool.

Just like Gmod (/half-life2?).  That would be nice..

Mini-games can be created manually in-game. You can select a variety of options, like how many bricks you get for killing yourself, killing other players, placing bricks, destroying bricks. You can choose to toggle on player damage, self radius damage, fall damage, jet toggle, and building. You can choose what tools and weapons players start out with. You can choose what bricks they start with, and if you want to allow them to choose their own build inventory. You can set up a mini-game color and custom name. Players can join which minigames they want, or choose not to enter them at all. You cannot be in more then one minigame, but there may be more then one running at a time. This means people can have a midevil death match at one end of the map, people can have a modern death match on the other side, and you can have builders in the middle, with no conflicts.

Mod snippets can be downloaded in sections, so you can choose which bits you want. Huge things like RTB will probably be divided into a bits, so you can choose which bits of the mods you don't like, and get rid of them. Mod packages will still be useful, so you can download all the content at once. If people are using models and maps you don't have, you will still need to download them somewhere before joining a server, but at least you can omit features you don't want, like the editor wand, or a new admin GUI, vehicles, and custom weapons.

Content that contains code changes has to be approved.

LOL@<3

How did that horse get on the door handle :o
Also, is it any harder to modify the game?

Anyways, I just have to buy this. Going to be even MORE addictive than now :cookieMonster:

There is a mod approving process. If you can edit a .cs file, you can edit Blockland Retail. You will have to wait a bit for the modder's package, while the community settles down into the new game and bugs are patched.

Thats cool. Is the download/loading speed boosted?

Bricks and stuff load faster. Download and Load speed are mainly affected by the connection. Retail loads tons faster then RTB, probably because of more efficient datablock use and coding.

So now we can stack alot of bricks and it wont lag like it does now? cuse the pic of the strees test looks like it lags, does it?

I'll load the stress test, run the network test, and get a screenshot. Just remember my computer isn't great, so the information isn't the best case scenerio.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:56:04 PM by Wedge »

somthing different
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:17:54 PM by ladios »

somthing different
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:18:01 PM by ladios »

Har har!  I made a Y.

loel

btw wedge:

This is a mode on the wrench I think, RBG Color mode...

Also some interviews I had with Wedge and the like:
http://www.freewebs.com/retailbl/newsandinterviews.htm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 10:53:09 PM by dUMBELLS »

You guys are just voting tails beacuse he is your friend/gave you admin on his server/begged you to vote for him on MSN.

Vote For me :cookieMonster:

If i had to choose for anyone here to get the beta i would say Bleh should get it.
1. most of them arnt 2. all my servers are passed and only me and my best friend join 3. i dont use msn much now, and i dident beg.

Questions:
Will it have full mover support? (im pretty sure it does but im just making sure)
Will it have lots of vehicles that are easy to access? (in a gui)
Will it have lots of admin tools?
Will it have a capture the flag?
Will u have to pickup the bricks?
Will it have a money sytem? (For rpgs)
Will it have guns?
Will it have skis ( I love those things)
Will it have any circle bricks?
Will the textures stretch if u make block bigger? (For the love of good make them loop not stretch)
Will it be user freindly? (Make like a proper in game tutorial for n00bs)

BTW: The horse looks awesome  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: cookies 4 u!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:54:42 AM by Squeaky »

Thing is.. You don't actually make the block bigger. You build classically.

You guys are just voting tails beacuse he is  cool.

Vote For Tails Or PLSDAI :cookieMonster:

Questions:
Will it have full mover support? (im pretty sure it does but im just making sure)
Will it have lots of vehicles that are easy to access? (in a gui)
Will it have lots of admin tools?
Will it have a capture the flag?
Will u have to pickup the bricks?
Will it have a money sytem? (For rpgs)
Will it have guns?
Will it have skis ( I love those things)
Will it have any circle bricks?
Will the textures stretch if u make block bigger? (For the love of good make them loop not stretch)
Will it be user freindly? (Make like a proper in game tutorial for n00bs)

BTW: The horse looks awesome  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: cookies 4 u!
There will be 3 vehicles. There are lots of cool admin tools that weren't available in the previous game. There are cylinder bricks. There is a help manual that tells you everything you need to know.

Everything else is saved for mods.