Author Topic: Reducing lag?  (Read 3058 times)

What is the best way to reduce lag?

I've tried disabling a lot of my addons, and I can put down around 8,000 bricks without any noticeable lag.

Is there any way to get that 8,000 higher?

Build more bricks.

It is just that your video card isn't that good. I would suggest getting a new PC or at least a new video card.

needs moar ram
Video ram? Or Hard drive Ram?

I'd say turn on vertex lighting. Also all particals, texture, ect on low.

Turning draw distance down usually works for me.

Changing the graphics has had little effect on performance. Granted, I haven't tried it with only a few addons enabled. I'll give it a shot.

It is just that your video card isn't that good. I would suggest getting a new PC or at least a new video card.

My computer is a few years old, but it's the only one I have for now, so it's all I have to work with.

Turning draw distance down usually works for me.

I'll give this a try, too. It sounds like it would solve my problem.

Build more bricks.

lol'd.

Doesn't exactly help much if you have a dedicated video card already.

Build more bricks.

No such thing as HDD RAM.

To increase max bricks you have two options:
1. Get more RAM. Get the right speed and type for your motherboard, and you'll be able to go onto high amounts, BUT:
2. If your video card is weak/you have an integrated video chip, there's a point you may reach where it won't matter how much RAM you have but your video chip will not be able to render all the bricks.

So in other words, get more RAM, and if you really want a lot, get LOTS of RAM and a good video card if you don't have one already.

I've tried disabling a lot of my addons,

has almost nothing to do with it

If he has to upgrade his hardware I would say video card not ram.
Why does everyone think ram is some end all cure for computer speed.
It pretty much is the last important thing.

You could turn off draw distance, lower model detail/texture detail, turn-off shadows, turnoff brick physics.
If he has to upgrade his hardware I would say video card not ram.
Why does everyone think ram is some end all cure for computer speed.
It pretty much is the last important thing.
Yay someone has the same idea as me.

Could I use rem instead?
But what about ROM?
We need some good ol' ROM.

What is the best way to reduce lag?

I've tried disabling a lot of my addons, and I can put down around 8,000 bricks without any noticeable lag.

Dont have too many vehicles, vehicles lag more than bricks, I just made it to 115,515 bricks and just started experiancing lag. No vehicles present. Just 115,515 1x1 plates. Also if the lag is still there, try to lower random settings.