Author Topic: New Map: Departed  (Read 11652 times)

1. Needs more flat areas.
2. Needs Less Water
3. Needs more textures and terrain for a more interesting look.
4. ...Not sure about 4

Other that that its ok for a first.

From what I can see in this map, it's bad. Really bad. It seems that whatever you're going to build is just going to get in the way of all of the random bumps in the terrain, and there aren't any real obstacles to maneuver around during a dogfight. The water clashes terribly with the skybox and terrain, and the there isn't a smooth blend between the water and the sky. It's just a solid line where the draw-distance ends abruptly.

In all, if you want to make a terrain map, you really should consider the amount of uses for it before you just go release a random arrangement of mountains onto the forums. I'm sure we already have loads of those as it is.

From what I can see in this map, it's bad. Really bad. It seems that whatever you're going to build is just going to get in the way of all of the random bumps in the terrain, and there aren't any real obstacles to maneuver around during a dogfight. The water clashes terribly with the skybox and terrain, and the there isn't a smooth blend between the water and the sky. It's just a solid line where the draw-distance ends abruptly.

In all, if you want to make a terrain map, you really should consider the amount of uses for it before you just go release a random arrangement of mountains onto the forums. I'm sure we already have loads of those as it is.

I have to agree with him on the last paragraph... though, I still LOVE this map.

Being able to make maps myself, I can tell this map took no effort at all. Just by looking at the picture, as most of you can, already tell that the map is stuff. By the way, Big Woop, you can package files now! Your mother most be so proud. Plus you used default textures which require no packaging at all.

Most likely the procedure was:
-Load Bedroom
-Delete Bedroom
-Re texture Terrain
-Mold Terrain
-Save
-Have "Shane" Take Picture
-Make a notepad file (Hopefully, I have not yet downloaded so it might not have been titled)
-Release

Give up making maps now. Before you really hurt your reputation.

Also needs:

1.snake tank
2.Hell
3.Lava
4.Random Explosions

Then you will have my download.

Stolen?

I would believe it, but the least he could have done would be to improve Buildland 4, this is the complete opposite.

Before you really hurt your reputation.

After all the add-ons he's stolen and claimed, I would typically expect him to not care about his reputation. But, his incessant name-change shows otherwise.

Can't see images;
"We're sorry. This image exteeded it's bandwith limit."

You know, It (to me) does'nt really matter how much flat land, or like "Building Space" i just like exploring.
And great maps! you getz cookehz  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

1. Needs more flat areas.
2. Needs Less Water
3. Needs more textures and terrain for a more interesting look.
4. ...Not sure about 4

Other that that its ok for a first.

1. STOP INSULTING THIS MAP!
2. It DOES'NT matter how much flat land
3. YOU'RE ANNOYING
4. you cant think of anything to do for 4??

Guys, this is hes first map.
Well how did your first map look like (if you made one)
Well i dont think very good eighter, but for a first map this is very good.
Must admit, if i would know how to make maps, my first map would look like...you know.

On Topic: Nice

Cool map didnt know you could do that good :cookieMonster:

Meh... the terrain style is cool, but it's the same skybox, same water, and the fog doesn't fit in.

1. STOP INSULTING THIS MAP!
2. It DOES'NT matter how much flat land
3. YOU'RE ANNOYING
4. you cant think of anything to do for 4??
1. We are NOT insulting, we tell the creator with what it would be better.
2. It DOES. No flat areas = no building = no fun.
3. No u. Don't insult others.
4. I can. Needsmoarsuperwarmsun. :cookieMonster:

Not bad, not bad but what the hell is up with all the water i drowned like 7 times!