Author Topic: Blogging in the 90s  (Read 2145 times)

Perhaps you all remember those years, perhaps you don't.

Personally, I do. The 90s, for me, were a great time. I was born then. I was raised through an age of digital revolution, back when everyone was "new" at web design.

God damn did stuff look horrible. I remember my first website, it was nothing but three gifs and an embedded sound clip. I loved it though.

So, when my friends convinced me to get one of these new tumblr things, I decided to best express myself, was to show the internet back to it's roots:

http://swholli.tumblr.com/

I might post, I might not. Just revel in it's horridness, and think how lucky you are that java and flash exist so everything is all "user friendly"

A real web surfer, he could spend hours looking through links. You kids and your "navigation bars".

Oh, and I just had that sicken thought that, that was 20 years ago. Uhhg.

forget yeah, vive le 1995!

Ah memories. Back when Dial-up was as fast as it got.

Ah memories. Back when Dial-up was as fast as it got.

Hey guys! Check out my 100/kbs download speed! Kickass!

lol I remember when I had 24kbs and that was fast.

I loved my 56k to peices.

Ironic I'm posting this on something smaller than it was (iPhone).

Dialup, How I abused it. Downloaded 2.6GB's on Dial up, yeah it took quite some time.

I was born in '95

I have no memories of the early internet

:C

94: I remember a litttle bit of early Internet. I remember this game I had on the computer where a cow melted into butter, I was scarred for life

Yes, multiple GIFs on the same page, oh the memories! back when CSS didn't exist, means no DIVs, and also when no one knew what a table was! Ahh the memories.

I was born in '95

Same, although I played lots of awesome games. I slightly remember them, but I can't find them :(

I was born in '95

This. although I spent a large time on the PC back then, I don't remember much.

Just games and the AOL homepage.

I remember playing Runescape on dial-up. Those were some frustrating times.

Born in 96
No memories of the internet
:(

Although I do remember the first video game I played.