Author Topic: Clonk Rage  (Read 28467 times)

I know that this was posted before, but the other topic is too old.

The game can't fully be explained until you actually play it, but:
Quote from: wikipedia
In Clonk, the player controls small, humanoid beings - the so-called Clonks - within a two-dimensional, dynamically modifiable landscape using keyboard or mouse. Clonks interact with their surrounding landscape, animals, weather, buildings and objects. The game can be played alone or in multiplayer in split-screen or via local network or Internet. Four different keyboard settings, combined with the option of using a mouse or gamepad, result in allowing up to six players on one computer. The game goal depends on the scenario being played, varying between melees, in which players fight each other, strategical team siege scenarios and cooperative missions.
Quote from: wikipedia
Several extensions are available for registered players:
Knights: Medieval object pack, in which knights fight each other with axes, swords and bows by foot or on horse. Castles can be built using a modular castle building system and some medieval economy branches are available.
Hazard: A futuristic pack, in which Clonks fight against aliens or other Clonks using a variety of weapons such as HM, Missiles, Sonic guns, Shrunk Gun, to more simplistic guns like Phasers. This pack was originally released for Clonk Planet and has been remade for Clonk Rage.
Far worlds: Three elaborate scenarios (deep sea, jungle and Arctic), in which the Clonks live in inhospitable areas, where mere survival is a challenge. Out of the three Arctic is the most challenging, requiring the Clonks to eat food regularly and be constantly mindful of the cold to avoid dying.
Golems: Clonkian magicians receive the ability to animate statues into Golems. Originally there was the Gold Golem, Rock Golem, and Snow Golem, each with their own different strengths, but later scenarios by players added a few more golems such as the Fire Golem.
Fantasy: Dragons, magic, adventures and more. This extension adds new spells to the current magic system.
Western: Cowboys, Indians and accessories. This object pack was originally created for a design contest, but has been developed into an official extension.
Additionally, many unofficial extensions have been created by players. One example is the modern military-combat extension called "First Aid Pack", which includes various weapons, vehicles, and scenarios in a modern-combat setting.
[edit]Comprehensive Clonk Archive Ne

I just got around to playing this again, seeing that I re-found my key. Clonk can be kind of hard at first, but once you know how to play, it can be really intense.

You can declare war and battle, or you can try to survive bitter cold; all of which depends on what scenarios you play. If your not registered, you won't be able to play the best scenarios, but you can still get a good flavor of the game.

http://www.clonk.de/cr.php?lng=en

I can host servers that support a lot of people in them (considering that I have good interwebz; 25 mb/s upload, 15 mb/s download), so if people try the game I can host.

I approve of this topic.
also;

(look at the chat)

I played the old one Clonk Endeavour. I hated the controls. Is this games controls a little better?

fffffffffffff yes I need to redownload this and we need to play online sometime.

I played the old one Clonk Endeavour. I hated the controls. Is this games controls a little better?
Way better, they are actually normal. This was the first Clonk game that I played, so I decided to try Clonk Endeavor and really hated it.

This game is hard if you forget something up :(

Ah, I remember this game. I'm gonna get it again when I can get back on my regular computer.

It looks good, but I suck at rts games. D:

Isn't there a Coop mode for this?

I don't know but i still suck at this. I end up hitting myself with a rock after throwing it or blowing myself up with flint. I wana try Mele after some practice.

Edit: Oh stuff Extreme looks sweet. 3D dwarf fortress only with handicapped AI.

Reedit-edit: How do i get other of my guys not just stand there like dipstuffs?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 03:30:19 PM by JJA0 »

It looks good, but I suck at rts games. D:
Heh, I don't really count this as an RTS, but more of a platform rpg...I guess it could be both.

Isn't there a Coop mode for this?
Well, it all depends on what scenario you choose to play online. You can have a battle with someone (or have alliances), or you can mine and/or hunt peacefully.  

I don't know but i still suck at this. I end up hitting myself with a rock after throwing it or blowing myself up with flint. I wana try Mele after some practice.
Lol, it can be kind of hard to predict things at first. I got good at throwing things by only playing the arctic mission, in which you need to be good at throwing spears to hunt seals.
Edit: Oh stuff Extreme looks sweet. 3D dwarf fortress only with handicapped AI.
Meh, there isn't any digging or destructible terrain; e.g. it looks like a crappy fps :|
Reedit-edit: How do i get other of my guys not just stand there like dipstuffs?
If you are using the default control scheme you use 'Q' and 'W' to switch between clonks.

Someone host pl0x
I'll do it sometime. If I host, I will post it here.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:12:21 PM by Radial543 »

Well, it all depends on what scenario you choose to play online. You can have a battle with someone, or you can mine and/or hunt peacefully
Gay. Players should have to work together to defeat some sort of epic monster race.

Radial, if you host can you make sure people without the full version can play? E.G don't use the extended scenario's

:C  I just hope no visruses