Author Topic: Mounting a vehicle on another vehicle  (Read 741 times)

Is there a way I can mount a vehicle on another vehicle, or can I only mount players on vehicles?

Vehicle brown town love?

If you mounted a vehicle to a vehicle on the vehicle that had a vehicle mounted to it would work and the other vehicle would just be a model mounted to it basically.

If you mounted a vehicle to a vehicle on the vehicle that had a vehicle mounted to it would work and the other vehicle would just be a model mounted to it basically.
0.o

I get it.
But, shiz.

It is possible (I think)
Think of turrets.

It is possible (I think)
Think of turrets.
Turrets are players.

Wait... Vehicle -> Vehicle -> Vehicle = One vehicle on another? This is kinda confusing the way it's worded.

What are you trying to do with this?

Also, Yo dawg we herd u liek vehicles so we put a vehicle on your vehicle so you can drive while u drive!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:56:37 AM by -Jetz- »

Did you mean: When you mount vehicle A on vehicle B, vehicle A acts only as a model, while vehicle B acts as a normal vehicle would?

If so, that's what I want anyway, I just can't seem to do it. vehicle::mountObject() is all weird. The physical model does not mount, but scripts say it's mounted. When you switch seats, you can switch from a seat in one vehicle to a seat in another. This is quite odd.

After his edit:

What are you trying to do with this?
I'm trying to put an explosive inside a transport for that explosive. Both the explosive and the transport should be vehicles as the transport needs to drive around and the explosive needs to blow up (independently from the transport). I'm thinking of just creating one model that encompasses both the transport and the explosive, and hideNode()ing it when I need to blow it up.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:27:01 PM by BobAndRob »