Author Topic: IGSO - Don't Use It.  (Read 2374 times)

I can verify that RTB has caused 2 computers to require $100 or more in repairs, one laptop to catch fire and one router to fall off a table.

Both rage probably

"rarararararara vehicles & weapons dissapeared when I updated servar vehicles thingys <sets laptop on fire>
"rarararrarararar someone called me a nub on IRC <kicks table and router falls off>"

Or,

"I can handle how awsome this mod is!" **Smashes computer with face**

Praise detected

Isnt igso from like, 3 versions ago or something

lol i remember ptta mod

now that was abusive crap that didnt get along with many addons,
i loved slapping pink people when they spammed or broke the rules :D
that and every  once in a while pinking a random person

Could always just fix the problems that IGSO causes and then you have a perfectly functioning mod that can co-exist with RTB.

It works on my PC but my PC has a stuffty connection but on my laptop it forgets it up, I have to turn my router off for 24 hours. My mother had to spend $230 on repairs on her brand new laptop because of RTB. She thought that it was something to do with her computer. I don't hold a grudge against RTB, it's awesome but it doesn't work on my computer and ruins my internet. Is it because I use Mac?

It works on my PC but my PC has a stuffty connection but on my laptop it forgets it up, I have to turn my router off for 24 hours. My mother had to spend $230 on repairs on her brand new laptop because of RTB. She thought that it was something to do with her computer. I don't hold a grudge against RTB, it's awesome but it doesn't work on my computer and ruins my internet. Is it because I use Mac?
Just assume it's RTB? It's always RTB's fault.
What makes you think RTB broke it?

Last time I checked Diggy was using IGSO AND RTB... IGSO was on the list of add-ons in the RTB server info.

Just assume it's RTB? It's always RTB's fault.
What makes you think RTB broke it?

Functional my arse! It forgets up my internet connection, causing my whole family to lose connection. I have to delete RTB from my computer if I want to use the internet! It may be good, but it ruins my internet and I'm pretty sure that rules it out of the the "Funtional" group and adds it to the "Virtually Failed-Bin"

The problem is not with RTB, its your computer,internet,router or anything elese that may even come in contact with your computers hard drive and its internet connection. Not to mention your routher/modem/wall socket.

I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility for RTB to be causing internet drops, it's certainly highly unlikely but I have had experience with pretty innocent and basic applications which caused my router to die. RTB is highly internet-focused and does a lot with it, so it could be doing something nasty that this guy's router doesn't like.

If you can actually prove this using fraps or something, I'd be interested to see.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 12:56:22 PM by Ephialtes »

maybe if your virus upload wasn't a size of 10gigs, it wouldn't be so obvious ephi.

tbm wouldn't have done this to us!!!!!!

I found IGSO to be helpful the first time i used it, but now RTB shoots it in the face with a spud gun.

I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility for RTB to be causing internet drops, it's certainly highly unlikely but I have had experience with pretty innocent and basic applications which caused my router to die. RTB is highly internet-focused and does a lot with it, so it could be doing something nasty that this guy's router doesn't like.

If you can actually prove this using fraps or something, I'd be interested to see.

I will do that then. Expect this to be on Youtube in about 20-30 minutes.

[space reserved for link to video]

I don't even want to know what this LGSO thing is, I really don't want to due to the negative vibes about it...

IGSO*