Author Topic: V14 Clarification  (Read 34169 times)

so, I was hosting a server over the 'net, and i noticed that other people on my network could join it via LAN, without a key. something new or old?

To host without port forwarding you must:
----A: Have UPnP enabled on your router.  There is often a simple radio button for this on your router configuration page.
This is why my ping is showing up as ---. Thanks.

There is a bug where particle emitters stop:
----This is due to a fix for a crash where particles would keep going after you disconnected and do bad things.  It is triggering when it shouldn't.  If you can duplicate this problem consistently I would like to know how.  
I had this two times today. I noticed it when I was shooting my Air Burner gun, that had a special trail effect, specifically the admin little bubbles. As I was shooting it, my friends were shooting it. But once they stopped, I noticed that my jet emitters were gone, and my projectile had changed to the default gun projectile. I'll edit this again if it comes back, and I will post specific information.

There's one more problem when I'm hosting. Wing Zero tried to join, but he kept getting this "cannot activate punch packet" or something. But after like 20 mins, he finally joined. But then, Meekl tried to join, and he got the same problem. Any ideas?

@ Badspot

This is a great new feature, but I think there are to many servers for people to have any hoops games now. Less people per server because all of the options now. I think there should be some limit to why you would still need to portforward.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:01:23 AM by Badspot »

@ Badspot

This is a great new feature, but I think there are to many servers for people to have any hoops games now. Less people per server because all of the options now. I think there should be some limit to why you would still need to portforward.
go away with your allusions to moronic doomsday prophesizing and whatnot, people who want to host will.

They break when a player joins/leaves.
This solves the emitter problem I think.

Badspot

• Administrator
To the haters:

Every time there is an update there's always a few laggards who think the old way was better.  They blindly argue against change.  Well guess what friends: the reason we don't live in loving caves today is because people like you lost that argument every generation over and over for the last 400,000 years.  You would stymie all of civilization for your own pathetic power trip.  You are nothing but a human speed bump.

Here's a taste of cold reality: When people are free to host their own servers, they probably won't join yours.  That's because you're an starfish.  The only reason people ever tolerated you was because they simply had no other choice.  Your power monopoly is gone.  Social adeptness and creativity are the new measures of success.  You will not be able to succeed in the new order because you do not possess either of these qualities.  

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:21:52 AM by Badspot »

When people are free to host your own servers, they probably won't join yours.
Good, I hate random joiners anyways.

Wait is this pointing at me? D:
I'm sure it's pointed at people like this genius:
@ Badspot

User was banned for this post

I can't join servers with --- ping.

It keeps saying "sending punch packet"
Same. And I UPnP is turned on. I can even host, and my ports are forwarded.

--- just means no ping is being returned by the server. It doesn't indicate that you can't connect to it.

--- just means no ping is being returned by the server. It doesn't indicate that you can't connect to it.

I guess same thing as ??? in v13?

Sigh... I love his no-nonsense attitude.

Looking forward to trying to host my own server for once.