Author Topic: .dae map importing  (Read 1534 times)

If anyone knows anything about .dae files, please give me some information on how close they are to being able to make their own blockland map. I'm wondering if you can import this with the mission editor. Because I already have a .dae file that would work great in a blockland map.

[ Content Deleted ]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:52:25 AM by darerd »

If you made your dae file in sketchup ther is already an exporter for vmf files, which are basically the same as map files and can easily be exported out of hammer or have their format changed in quark.

If you made it in another program you might be able to clean it up and export it in blender or 3dsmax.

All interiors must be composed of conves brushes. If you are not familiar with the terms convex and brush then you should research them. It's highly unlikely that you made your model out of convex shapes and phisically possible brush shapes without thinking about it.

If you did not model it with convex volumes you will need to start over from scratch.

If you made your dae file in sketchup...

Yup I did

...ther is already an exporter for vmf files, which are basically the same as map files and can easily be exported out of hammer or have their format changed in quark.

So how do you export it as a vmf file?

You will need a copy of either the Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools or the Source SDK.

The sketchup plugins are contained in them.

You will need a copy of either the Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools or the Source SDK.

The sketchup plugins are contained in them.

I might just as well give up on this, I dont have either of those, and I dont want to use up your valuable time, anyways.

I might just as well give up on this, I dont have either of those, and I dont want to use up your valuable time, anyways.
If you have left 4 dead or a source game you can get those for free, I believe