16 (17.6%)
TF2
46 (50.5%)
HL
19 (20.9%)
The CS Penguin
10 (11%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: TF2 Or Counter Strike Or Half-Life?  (Read 2505 times)

You will hate the genre of multiplayer fps :(.
No, no, no. I loved TF2. But the updates changed that. Valve's utter stupidity at maintaining a balances class based game or just common sense was flushed down the toilet with each new update. We went from weapons that relativley went with the class to outlandish crap that has no reference to the class.

Drop rates are stupid, unlocks are stupid, vanilla TF2 was the best.

And Qwepir: My complaints are justified.

Really? Justify them. Here and now.

Regulith, can you tell me what im reading here?
You can do that.  It's under the list of package options for TF2.

Fine.

Valve had me relatively disappointed at the Sniper + Spy update becasue of that stupid bow and arrow. The razorback was that silver lining. Then they announced the Ambassador. It negates the razorback making it a useless unlock and on top of that, as long as it's cooled down, you can score a loving headshot while catapulting through the air. This also promotes spies not doing what they were design for: countering engineers.

Thus, we have useless spies that can't come within 2 feet of a sentry but go for snipers and heavies because they want free kills.

The Equalizer is a direct upgrade from the shovel, it has no downside. It does crazy stupid amounts of damage. If you have 125 health as a soldier you can one-hit a heavy. It's brothers-in-arms in the same update, the Targe and Eyelander, are so out of character of the Demoman it's pathetic. The sword itself receives the brunt of the blame when in fact, it's the Targe. A tiny wooden shield has so much fire and explosive resistance? As if.

Thus, we have Rambo soldiers damaging themselves in resupply and players that never even touched demoman swinging their swords left and right.

All pyro unlocks are ok, excluding the Backburner. Instead of promoting being sneaky they just W+M1 and hope you turn around to run. While on the subject of pyro Valve decided to be stupid and have the airblast, even though it's loving air, choose teams. Air should put out flame regardless of team, also Jarate. It's liquid and air, they don't choose sides.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's the Force-a-Nature. One critical hit at half the amount of pellets kills a light class. 3 shots kill a heavy, 2 a soldier. BONK! is useless because the scout looses any long range weapon capability and the Sandman is too nerfed to do anything anymore.

The heavy unlocks are pretty much balanced.

However, in melee fights, people either take the eyelander, equalizer, KGB, or Axetinguisher. These should not be allowed because they alter a true melee fight. KGB gets crits after a death, Eyelander + Targe modifies health and speed, Equalizer modifies damage and speed, and Axetinguisher needs fire to do proper damage, so they light you and smash you even though it is not allowed.

-sniper/spy rage- Huntsman was used to bring snipers up to the front lines.  Anyone who tries to actually snipe with it is an idiot.  The razorback was made to catch idiots, so don't use it.  Ambassador used to be way more annoying.  Just be glad it doesn't shoot through people now.

-soldier/demo rage- Agreed.

-pyro rage- Agreed.

-scout rage- FaN is only good if you manage to sneak behind or can dodge bullets up to the point you're touching someone.

-boring heavy snip-

-mellee snip- Pyros would never get into mellee fights, anyway.  They'd just burn you to death.  I DO still use the fists just so I can get into mellee fights as heavy.
Valve tends to use way too many weapons in TF2 that, if you learn how to use it the right way, are made to piss people off.  The eyelander and chargin targe are the only unlocks I actually got pissed about.

Holy stuff big post. You have me at a bit of a disadvantage here, since the DSi can't have that much text in a text box, so I'll just de-justify a few.
1. Spies have ALWAYS gone after heavies and snipers because they are free kills. The spy was NOT designed to specifically counter the engy, he just has a sapper to be able to take down unattended equipment.

2. The ambassador is used to quickly take down Snipers with RB and charging W+M1's. At least, that's how I use it to the most effect.

3. I partially agree. The ='izer shouldn't deal crits at all. Ever.

4. The BB is fine, it's the jackasses that don't know how to use it that give it a bad name. I think the BB needs to have some form of HP penalty to discourage W+M1 pyros. The BB is great for taking down unsuspecting heavy-medic teams.

5. You're joking. You have to be joking. The FaN is all but useless at anywhere beyond short range. That plus the smaller clip means if you run up to that heavy and hit him with both shots, he will still probably fill you with more holes than the goddamn moon. It's a very conditional weapon, and more often than not, I'll choose the scattergun.

6. The cuntsman hitbox is 90 feet wide, and the iLander can land hits more than 10 feet in front of you. These weapons are handicapped.

Also, I'm surprised you didn't mention the Cloak and Dagger

Spy watches are not like the other unlockables. If anything, the C&D is the most useful.

If you're trying to take down a heavy as a scout.

If you're trying to take down a heavy as a scout.
You shouldn't be trying that in the first place.

If I had a server I'd ban all unlocks. Vanilla server.

Wow, I'm full of stupid mistakes tonight, I meant to finish it with "You're doing it wrong"

@The first half of this thread, or somewhere around there,
Life is one huge bandwagon. If you play a game because other people are playing it, hey, guess what, you're bandwagoning, but it doesn't matter because the players want you to bandwagon and other people are going to hate if they feel like hating. That's how everything in life works.
Also, the game of life. You are now thinking of the game.

Fine.Air should put out flame regardless of team, also Jarate. It's liquid and air, they don't choose sides.

why would you want to put out enemys flames :D

also the only nerf the sandman has compared to the bat is less health it does exactly the same hit damage

Spy watches are not like the other unlockables. If anything, the C&D is the most useful.
No stuff, it's a direct upgrade to the normal invis watch. There is no downside to the cloak and dagger.

No stuff, it's a direct upgrade to the normal invis watch. There is no downside to the cloak and dagger.
Bigger Drain rate.

Bigger Drain rate.
That's not enough, considering you can go stand in the corner, remain cloaked, and still recharge relatively quickly. If you ask me, standing still while cloaked should recharge much slower than being uncloaked.