9 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
See Post
0 (0%)
Don't Care
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Better Item Positioning  (Read 624 times)

If possible, this would be a modification that allows players to change how an item spawns, and would let them appear as if it were on it's side, upside-down, etc, on a brick.

Items in Blockland point upwards when spawned from bricks or from events. This mod would allow them to look better in areas such as  on tables, lying on the ground, or somehow stuck to ceilings. Normally, items would only look like they were on their side if programmed to look as such when spawned. This mod would allow this to be selectable for items.

Potential problems could arise from items that are wide or have parts that can protrude very easily (ex. Rocket Launcher). This could be bypassed by crating a pile of bricks that support the item from the otherwise unsupported side. Anther problem would be that it isn't possible in the game's engine, or would be too buggy.

Edit: Item angles could also be set, potentially eliminating some of the above problems.
        Suggested by Yuki.

Your thoughts/ideas?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:28:24 PM by Pliny »

I always go around it by spawning an item from a brick under the floor, or making it look like the item is hanging on the wall.

Once I even made a rock on the ceiling to make a sword in the stone.

I like it. Setting angles would be a good feature as well.

Oh, I agree about it being a good idea, by the way. I was just giving examples on how you can find a way around it.

You should be able to set it on the X Y and Z

This should be default in v15.

The only possible way right now is mission editor

I can already see thousands of uses for this.

I can already see thousands of uses for this.

Suddenly, uses. Thousands of them.

The only possible way right now is mission editor

Couldn't a script also be made that forces a position on an Item?

Then we could all make an excalibur stone thing :D
I am the all mighty Elphie and i approve this!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:46:58 PM by Elphie »

Then we could all make an excalibur stone thing :D
I am the all mighty Elphie and i approve this!

That would make for a very limited group of servers. This is for that idea only if you wish it to be.