Poll

Should I make a new cow model, or use the existing one?

New model
5 (29.4%)
Existing one
11 (64.7%)
Idk
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: RP Farm  (Read 3296 times)

Progress: ??%

Hunger: 0%

Wheat Crop: 0%

Corn Crop: 25%

Other Crops: 0%

Animals: 0%

Farm Land: 25%

Farmer Job: 0%

Food Selling brick: 0%

Items: ??%

Events: 0%

I'm going to create the RP Farm mod that was put on ice by McTwist. This is like a hunger mod, but you have to grow your own food. I need scripters! And one or two modelers. If you have other ideas, post here!

Members:

Killer2 - Project Leader

MrEpic (RTB) - Modeler/scripter

Light and Day - GUI
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:04:47 PM by Killer2 »

Make one working mod before starting another one.

You are not capable of making this. Please leave this to a more capable person.

Do some work before posting a topic saying you are making something, you have zero work done, and you need a few people to do all the work for you.

I'm working on stuff now. Besides, my Roman Kit is at a stalemate because I haven't heard from Pi.

50% / 900% is about 5,5%

The problem lies within your progress.
Rules of Thumb:
- Do not announce a project before you've made considerable progress with it. This usually works out better in the long run, and you don't disappoint as much if you fail to meet your big-talk early feature list.

-Do not attempt to measure completion by percentages, because as we all know all statistics are pulled out of your ass. Try "Not Started", "In Progress", "Almost Done", "Complete", "Polished", or something similar. Despite what you might think, this actually gives us a better idea of how far you are (because 53% could mean anything, but In Progress is definite) Beyond that, when you use percentages the scope of what you have to do usually changes as you make progress, which means you have to adjust your scale and push a progress meter down to compensate. With a word system, the only place where this could backfire in that way would be at the "almost done", but by then you have a good idea of whats left.

-If you need a scripter, your project can probably scrape through. If you need a modeler, you're usually screwed(my track record with this should be proof enough, having procured 2 (two) entire custom models in my years of scripting and making weapons)  but strings can be pulled. If you need both, your project is doomed to crash and burn quickly. When I used to work with BYOND, this was extremely common and most people resorted to stealing source code from other games. Things will not be so easy for you.

-Have a plan to be able to achieve full functioning of all features by your lonesome; people are unreliable (as I know from letting various people down consistently) and inconsistent.

- Do not announce a project before you've made considerable progress with it. This usually works out better in the long run, and you don't disappoint as much if you fail to meet your big-talk early feature list.
I am an exception...  :cookieMonster:

-Do not attempt to measure completion by percentages, because as we all know all statistics are pulled out of your ass. Try "Not Started", "In Progress", "Almost Done", "Complete", "Polished", or something similar. Despite what you might think, this actually gives us a better idea of how far you are (because 53% could mean anything, but In Progress is definite) Beyond that, when you use percentages the scope of what you have to do usually changes as you make progress, which means you have to adjust your scale and push a progress meter down to compensate. With a word system, the only place where this could backfire in that way would be at the "almost done", but by then you have a good idea of whats left.
But if you really have a plan of how everything will be built up? Then it would be really accurate. Although, you're right about it.

-If you need a scripter, your project can probably scrape through. If you need a modeler, you're usually screwed(my track record with this should be proof enough, having procured 2 (two) entire custom models in my years of scripting and making weapons)  but strings can be pulled. If you need both, your project is doomed to crash and burn quickly. When I used to work with BYOND, this was extremely common and most people resorted to stealing source code from other games. Things will not be so easy for you.
Thumb rule: If you want to finish something, do it yourself.

You have a cow already :D

This is already being made in the Desolation Medieval Role Play...

This is already being made in the Desolation Medieval Role Play...

This is for RP Content!

What are you going to be doing, other than taking credit?

Basically making the models for scripting, but I have to make them blocko too. And I need them perfect before scripting.
I'll post pics for what you guys think soon.

Basically, your making like, a corn model, a tomato model, and maybe some lettuce?
And now somebody has to do the hard part, and make this complex thing work, as Kalphiter once said..
You are not capable of making this. Please leave this to a more capable person.
own'd dood!!!1!!!!11!!1!!!1