Author Topic: Servers not responding  (Read 410 times)

I click 'Join a Game' on my main screen, and it says the usual 'Retrieving server list'. However, all of the 'pings' are listed as '???'. Seconds later, they all become '---'. I click on 'Diggy's Metropolis RPG', for example, and it, like the many others I tried, does not respond. On the secondary, code window, it has a list of 'no response from...' of about 20 names. It says below, 'connecting to (name)', and below, it says: 'Download sounds: False', 'Download music: False', and so on for textures, projectiles, items, debris, and explosions. The small connection window still says 'connecting', 5 minutes later. Please help me solve this.

Just so you know, both windows display the same exact thing, excluding direct console input(putting code into the console will only cause one of the windows to display what you typed)

'Download sounds: False', 'Download music: False', and so on for textures, projectiles, items, debris, and explosions.
This shows what you will download from the server. For instance, if you do not turn on textures, it will just show the default texture. The same goes with projectiles, items, debris, and explosions. With music and sounds however, you will just not hear it at all.

Are you running a lot of bandwidth consuming programs when you do a query internet? Things such as p2p downloading services and other high speed downloads can consume a lot of your bandwidth and thus make the time it takes for you to receive the server response signal (ping) incredibly high and have the possibility of registering a ---.
Also, make sure your firewalls/process guards are configured to allow Blockland through. I suggest making Blockland an "exception" in these programs.