Author Topic: Will making a dedicated server mess up the internet for other people in the same  (Read 390 times)

house? Long question. Title says it all. I feel like an idiot asking this, but will it?

no it'll just make it slower

I need to know for sure, I heard it can mess up the ip address and the internet gateway and jazz. Need to hear this from multiple people.

Creating a dedicated server is no different than creating a regular server. The only difference is that all of the Add-Ons that you have in your Add-Ons folder will enable and that the Dedicated server will only act as a way for others (not you) to play on a server.

no it'll just make it slower
This is about the only effect it may have on other users of your network, you are basically constantly utilizing your connection to the router and then internet. Making a dedicated server makes no changes to your router settings and/or network settings as you mentioned in OP. Making a dedicated server will have no different effects to that of a normal server, however if you are considering a dedicated server I am assuming you are considering prolonged usage, which may throttle your bandwidth somewhat (stupid fair use policy grrr).

Thanks! Hearing from KINEX and 2 other people is enough. Locked. Once again, thanks. :cookieMonster: