Author Topic: Dubstep: Volume [Free DL, and other songs too!]  (Read 10584 times)

Hi 2012!
Volume
The Mistake. Free Download.[/size]
I tried some Drum and Bass, free DL.
Please Don't Go
I Shot Up Wawa
Animal Crossing Dubstep Remix (Steep Hill Remix)
Now with more Tourettes Guy! (Colonel Clusterforget)
Newgrounds + MP3 DL
Subwoofer Candy (Melodic Dubstep)
Newgrounds + MP3 DL
2011 stuff:
forget SALT!!!!!!!!
Goodbye (Let the Rain Come)
Black Sun (:
Ampix 0
Have I gotten any better? lol. Haven't touched FL in at least a week or two, so, I'm really rusty.
yay links
Early Mourning
edit: hardstyle track woo
BEST TRACK SO FAR
Trancey thingy

Yes lol in just a second (:
ghetto as forget but whatever:

1: Playlist - Click to open
2: Step Sequencer - Click this to open the step sequencer
3: Piano Roll - click to open piano roll of the selected Channel
4: Browser - Click to show or hide the browser, for presets samples etc
5: Mixer - Click to open the mixer
6: Help - click for help from FL lolol
7: File - to open file menu
8: Edit - for copy/paste/etc functions
9: Channels - to open channels
10: View - to open different windows (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are shortcuts)
11: Options - not important but you should check it out
12: Tools - do not bother with this.
13: Help - for help, like '6'
14 + 15: PAT and SONG, Pattern means you use (16) Play to play the pattern, if selected. SONG means you use (16) Play to play the SONG aka what's in the Playlist (1).
16: Play - to play the Playlist or Pattern that you currently have selected with (20) the pattern selector.
17: Stop - durrr hurrrrrrr stops what's playing (you can use Spacebar for play and stop)
18: Record - don't bother using this unless you plan to record external sources, or MIDI. will explain later if needed.
19: BPM - IMPORTANT!!!! beats per minute, Trance/Dubstep/House are usually 130-140.
20; Pattern Selector - selects patterns, you can have as many as you want.
21: Tracks - can be turned on and off, are used for placing Patterns in in the Playlist (1).
22: Pattern - can be placed in the playlist (1) and can be accessed with (2) the Step Sequencer and by double clicking. can be moved around like a note in the Piano Roll (3)
23: Browser - where you can find your samples and presets.
24: Snap - to synchronize your patterns and notes to a certain 'pattern (not to be confused with a Pattern in the Playlist)' so as to help create rhythm. Usually, I recommend Line. 1/2 step, 1/4 step are both also useful, but Line is the most useful. If you're trying to make a hardstyle melody or something like that, feel free to use 1/3.

Parts of each of the main tools:

1: Step Sequencer:
1 Channel: Used for samples (percussion, FX) and synths (Sytrus, Massive, Nexus, etc)
right click to go to Piano Roll, and other functions.
2 Channel (synth)
3 Channel mute/solo: click and right click to mute/solo a channel, green means it's unmuted.
4 Pan: left/right balance, center for centered panning
5 Volume: controls Channel Volume, can be accessed by clicking the Channel and editing parameters
6 Channel Select: click to select one or more channels for copy/pasting what is to the right of the button (notes in the piano roll, steps)
7 loop: Loops the steps in the channel (usually you should have this on to be safe)
8 'sequence' length: should be 4, 8, 16 etc for a 4/4 time signature.
2: Mixer
1 Master Track: the track that all other Mixer Tracks go into. don't forget around with this**
2 Track: where a channel goes when you (select channel>right click track>link selected channels to this track) link it to that track. this way you can add FX, etc
3 FX Tracks: you get 8 per track, where you can load FX like reverb delay and equalizing
4 Equalizer: (I recommend Fruity Parametric EQ in the FX tracks instead) basic built in equalizer
3: Piano Roll
1 Note: can be extended or shortened, placed with Left Click removed with Right Click.
2 Ghost Note: (activated with 3 (menu) Helpers>Ghost Channels) useful when writing melodies and chords. I recommend turning this on. displays notes from other channels in the pattern you're working on
3 Menu: click here to access basic functions like copy paste etc
4 Velocity: certain synths don't work with this function, but it represents teh 'velocity' or 'how loud the note is.' can be edited from note to note.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:01:36 PM by JD »

I liked it a lot, great job.

Thanks [: FL says it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete..
Anybody think I got any better over the past couple weeks?

Anybody think I got any better over the past couple weeks?

I haven't heard any of your other stuff, so I can't really say. All I know is that I really liked this one.

Have you ever considered doing any electrohouse?

do some hardstyle man, that would be awesome.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=176267.0
Close enough, hard trance.. haha

I haven't heard any of your other stuff, so I can't really say. All I know is that I really liked this one.

Have you ever considered doing any electrohouse?
Yes and if you check out my tracks on that channel (me, my friend Zak and his brother Nic all use it for our music) you'll see I've done a couple electrohouse-ish tracks. Mine have no tag, Toxic is Zak and Nic's got like two tracks and they're obviously not mine lol

Thanks guys [:

So, bump, because I'm making some legit-ass hardstyle and figured it's important enough to bump my thread to tell you. Because this is one niiiiice forgetin track. It's almost done. Just a few minor tweaks and it'll be ready to post. [:

The track pretty good, but the intro and first drop (into the melody) could use a bit of work. Keep at it, it's awesome!

I'm talking about the hardstyle.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 02:53:24 AM by Thorax »

Great hardstyle, JD, loving that melody.

The hardstyle was lazy as forget I'll be honest. I finally made a decent kick, and I legit shat the melody out in like 10 seconds, but I liked it, so yeah. Thanks guys lmao

I love 'em.

Going to show them to my sister, she loves dubstep/hardstyle.

Awesome! thanks lol

I like how in the beginning there is a huge drop, but still, there's so much static.