Author Topic: Airport Sim Radio Codes  (Read 2168 times)

I have an Airport Sim server, and I thought I'd make it convenient for players who need the radio codes to be able to look here or print these out, rather than write them all down by hand:

*Piloting
Section 1:
  • Before flight, ask for clearance to fly. Do this by by saying "[Your call sign] requesting flight clearance from [airport you're at] to [airport you're going to]."
  • Your call sign is the first three letters of your name and the first three letters of your BL_ID. If you are in a passenger jet, say "heavy" after your call sign.
  • If you are in a private jet, say "Medium" after your call sign. If you are in a plane too small to go to a jetway, say "light" after your call sign.

Section 2:
  • After that, ask permission to taxi to the runway by saying "[Your call sign] requesting permission to taxi to the runway, [Airport you are at]"
  • The controller will hopefully say a runway number for you to taxi to. To know which runway this is, look at your compass to see where to taxi. (Download compass mod on RTB.)
  • A runway named 36 goes north. 9 goes east, 18 goes south, and 27 goes west. This will be all that you will encounter on Blockland because it only has 4 fricken directions.

Section 3:
  • When it comes time to land, say this to the controller. "[Your call sign] requesting permission to land at [airport you want to land at]."
  • The controller (once again, hopefully) will say a runway number to land at. Use the system discussed in book 2 to figure out what runway this is.
  • Remember to land softly, otherwise you might explode. You want to point the nose up a little bit and go in slowly, using a slow speed to go downwards.

Section 4:
  • Once landed, ask for permission to taxi to the gate by saying "[Your call sign] requesting permission to taxi to the gate."
  • The controller will probably say a terminal number. Terminal 1 is the terminal with jetways, normally on the right. Terminal 2 has no jetways, usually on the left.
  • "But wait, what was that other thing, gate 5?" The gate number is how many gates down it is. If you get gate 5, look at the very left, and count, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Oh look! That's gate 5!

Section 5:
  • Some variation is acceptable on how you say things, as long as all the information is included.
  • A lot of a variation is accepted when you ask to land because often people wait until the last second to ask and if they type for a while, they crash into the dirt.
  • When asking permission to taxi, don't ask for a certain number, like requesting taxi to runway 9 or gate 5. The controller will give you the number.

Section 6:
  • Before flying a helicopter, request flight clearance by saying "[Call sign] is [which heli, like blue UH-1] requesting flight clearance at [airport you are at]."
  • After flying a helicopter, say "[Call sign] has landed at [airport you are at]."

What else you need to know:

As well as the difference between right-base and left-base.

*Policing(saywat?)
Jailtimes:
  • Jailtime based on crimes: Start at 2 minute and add/subtract based on your actions.
  • Normal Crimes (Such as car theft, being an accomplice in any crime, robbery, and reckless endangerment): +1 min
  • Murder, Attempted Murder of Police, Rape, Kidnapping, Bank Robbery, and a Standoff: +3 mins
  • Running from police, resisting arrest: +1-2 mins
  • Surrendering peacefully, turning yourself in: -1 or -2 mins

Incidents:
  • Incident codes are based on jailtimes.
  • A crime with a +2 minute jailtime would be "I-2"
  • A crime with a +3 minute jailtime would be "I-3"
  • A crime with a +4 minute jailtime would be "I-4"
  • A pursuit/a suspect resisting arrest would be "I-R" or "I-P"
  • A suspect being taken into custody would be I-C
  • An incident with no jaitime (like a car crash) is "I-0"
  • To say multiple incidents, say "I-# and I-#..."

Backup codes:
  • B1: Officer needs help ASAP, all units respond.
  • B2: Officer needs help, all units respond.
  • B3: Officer needs help ASAP, available units respond.
  • B4: Officer needs help, available units respond.
  • B5: Officer needs help ASAP, multiple available units respond.
  • B6: Officer needs help, multiple available units respond.
  • B7: Officer needs help ASAP, single available unit respond.
  • B8: Officer needs help, single available unit respond.
  • B9: Officer likely needs help, single available unit respond.
  • B10: Officer might need help, single available unit respond.
  • If you are needed as backup, GET YOUR ASS OVER THERE or you will be fired.
  • Basically, the lower the number the more intense the situation, and the more backup the officer needs.

Sirens:
  • To turn on the lights, press <color:FFFF00>light key<color:F9F9F9> when in a police car. This may not work in some cases.
  • To turn on the siren, type /stereo and select either police car or one of the Code-3 loops.
  • Code 3 means with lights and sirens. Code 2 means without lights or sirens.

Other information:
  • After each police code should be "@ [airport closest to you]" or "b/t [two airports you are inbetween]" EXAMPLE: "I-1 @ BLBA" or "I-R b/t BLBA & BLUS"
  • Radio is replacing team chat.

DISCLAIMER: No real radio codes were used, the flight school codes were based off FSX and then changed more, and the police codes were obviously pure fiction. I did this to simplify it.

(That was all an edit, no shame on dgan.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:36:43 PM by Who Cares99 »

The only thing i have to say is the callouts are slightly off from the real world (I'm a pilot). When requesting flight clearance its [the airport your at] traffic, [the type of aircraft then tail number]  requesting clearance from [airport you're at] to [airport you're going to] [the airport you are at]. For instance lets look at this from a real world example, lets say you are flying a Cessna skyhawk 172, tail number n12345y. You want to fly from Syracuse to Albany. Your  callout would be "Syracuse traffic, skyhawk 12345 yankee requesting flight clearance from Syracuse to Albany, Syracuse" This same outline goes for the rest of the commands aswhell. To request permission to taxi to runway 36 via taxiway a (in the same plane) your callout would be  "Syracuse traffic, skyhawk 12345 yankee requesting permission to taxi to runway 3,6 via taxiway alpha, Syracuse"
Now you've taken off and are about to land in Albany, your callout to land would be "Albany traffic, skyhawk 12345 yankee requesting permission to land via runway 9, Albany"
Finally lets say you want to go to gate 6 via taxiway alpha, your callout would be, "Albany traffic, skyhawk 12345 yankee requesting permission to taxi to gate 6 via taxiway alpha, Albany."
I say all this to improve the accuracy of the commands and to help you out, hope all of this was helpful. :)  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:28:41 PM by dgan »

I based these off of FSX, and then I changed them more, on purpose, because I think this way is simpler. :)

I know next to nothing about planes and airports, but I can honestly say that it looks like you put a lot of hard work into this, and it looks great. I'll be sure to drop by one time.

ye im plain pulit of teh yere cras landun sunce 2012

I based these off of FSX, and then I changed them more, on purpose, because I think this way is simpler. :)
That's fine, I was just trying to help, I wasn't sure what you were going for, also I saw you posted a picture depicting a left hand pattern, left hand patterns are usually only used at airports without a atc, at airports that have one, you just listen to whatever the ATC tells you, lol.
PS if you have any questions shoot me a pm.

I read that left-hand was mostly used, as it gives the pilots more visibility, although I do assign left/right hand as there are two approaches that have to use one or the other. (Left-base is obstructed at spawn because of a tower, right-base restricted at another airport because of no-fly zone.)

Need some codes with shorthand N, G, and O so your server can double as a game of Bingo.