Forlorn and Forsaken - Starting - Still need characters

Author Topic: Forlorn and Forsaken - Starting - Still need characters  (Read 10755 times)

“Good morning, citizens of Denver. These past few months have been long and difficult, and we have made an arduous, yet noble, effort to protect our home from the waves of repulsive creatures that surround us all. However, it has not been enough. To those on the outer perimeter, the fight has nearly beaten them, though the power of the people remains strong in the defense of the walls and fences that keep us away from them. The infected smash and rage against the barricades that keep them from destroying the people we love and hold dear, but despite our firm resolve, they gain more and more inches of ground everyday. People of Safe Zone Denver, I cannot tell you how long these barriers will last. This is why we must take more serious measures for your safety. Evacuations to Safe Zone Springs will start in a week. Soldiers will guard those who travel, keeping the infected away while we make our pilgrimage to safety. However, we can only send a maximum of 1,000 lucky souls a week. Not all of us will be able to make this journey immediately. I can assure you, though, that we will all be making this trip to the sanctuary of Safe Zone Springs soon enough. Those who are chosen will receive a ticket from their designated workplace foreman and a notice to be ready in one week…”

Forlorn and Forsaken

The date is February 21st, 2025, and Safe Zone Denver is one of the few infected-free areas in Colorado, and in the entire Midwest. 9 years ago, people in the Washington D.C. area started to report dizziness and nausea, but the reports went unheeded as just a flu epidemic. After people started fainting in plain sight, however, the government started to take notice. The president and his cabinet were evacuated to an area around Seattle and the CDC was assigned to research this new virus, which showed similarities to Marburg virus in shape and size. In response they were quarantined, but even then more cases continued to show up in the D.C. area.
     After the people who fainted got up, they started acting more- lethargic than usual. Took a slower pace, and felt tired and sleepy most of the time. Mere days after being quarantined, those affected changed in the opposite direction. They started gaining muscle at an alarming pace, and experienced increased appetites. Then, they started to lose their sense of time, and said they experienced things from a "new perspective." They started to lose their social awareness and began to act rude and irritated. Shortly after, they devolved into blindly gobbling up whatever they could get their hands on, including the people who worked around the quarantine. Soon, people were found in their homes with their entrails spilled out and heads bashed in, and bite marks on those who were still alive. In an average of 7 days, these people turned into slobbering monsters. Those who were bitten went down the same route, and the failed quarantine soon meant that this disease spread across the northeast, prompting the formation of a new government agency designed to combat this threat, FOCUS.
     However, this did not stop the tide of infected from swarming across the United States like a tidal wave, and now, 9 years from the first outbreak, the United States contains only California, Oregon, Washington, and a few safe zones in the Midwest. All other territory belongs to the infected - strong, fast, slobbering beasts who eat anything they can. Canada and Mexico are struggling on their own fronts. Nothing much is known about the rest of the world, other than a few wayward radio transmissions. However, not all is lost. There have been talks of a new offensive and the Safe Zones have been prospering for the most part. But humanity is still an endangered race, with the population of the United States now numbering around 9 million, and a dark and unknown world beyond the continent, humanity is on a precarious edge between life and death...

It has been a week since these words blared over the megaphones that surround every workplace and meeting hall in the Safe Zone, and a week since you've received your ticket, a red slip of paper with the words "Group J-1" printed on the back. Most people come to the evacuation station willingly, some people need a little extra "persuasion" to go. A bag of clothes, some personal trinkets, and papers are what most people bring, though some brought more illicit items... a pocket knife stashed in a book or a hidden flashlight in a secret pocket. Outside, trucks and old civilian cars with wagons attached to them wait to transport people to Safe Zone Spring, while a army officer behind a desk assigns groups their location on the emigrant train.
You were one of those chosen to make the journey to Safe Zone Spring.

CHARACTER CREATION
There are 6 categories that make up a character's attributes. They are:
Strength - A measure of your physical power and endurance.
Dexterity - A measure of your coordination, agility, and general precision in tasks that require hand-eye coordination and finesse.
Constitution - A measure of your physical health and disease resistance.
Intelligence - A measure of your leaning ability, memory, and aptitude.
Perception - A measure of your situational awareness and knowledge of the area surrounding him/her.
Willpower - A measure of your mental strength and self-control.

You have 17 points to spend among these attributes. A attribute of 2 would represent an average person's attribute. For example, your average everyman has a basic stat line of 2 in every attribute.

In addition, you can choose special perks and drawbacks to more fully flesh out your character and give him/her more unique capabilities or weaknesses than your average person.

Then, secondary attributes are derived from these six primary attributes. The three secondary attributes are Speed, Endurance, and Health.

Speed - Add your constitution and dexterity together and multiply by two to get your top running speed in miles per hour.
Endurance - A measure of your ability to withstand fatigue and exhaustion. Add Constitution, Strength, Willpower, and multiply by three. Then add 5 to get your Endurance. Certain actions will reduce your Endurance, but it will regenerate.
Health - A measure of your immediate physical health. Add Constitution and Strength, multiply by 4, and add 10. Your Health can be reduced by getting shot, stabbed, burned, beaten, bitten, strangulated...

After creating the base stats for your character, you can choose specific skills that he/she has learned before this point in time. A list of these skills is below.
You can spend up to 33 points for any of these skills. A skill level of 2 or 3 represents general competency in that field.
Code: [Select]
Acrobatics
Acting
Beautician
Brawling
Bureaucracy
Cheating
Climbing
Computer Hacking
Computer Programming
Computers
Craft (type) examples include gunsmithing, carpentry, bowyery, blacksmithing, basic fabrication...
Dancing (type)
Demolitions
Disguise
Dodge
Driving (type of vehicle)
Electronic Surveillance
Electronics
Engineer (type) examples include architecture, construction, civil, biological...
Escapism (how well of an escape artist you are...)
Fine Arts (type of art) examples include drawing, apinting, computer graphics, 3d modeling...
First Aid
Folklore Knowledge (type)
Gambling
Guns (type)
Haggling (how well you can barter and bargain prices)
Melee Weapon (type)
Humanities (type)
Instruction
Intimidation
Language (type)
Lock Picking
Martial Arts (type)
Mechanic
Medicine (type) examples include surgery, pharmacy...
Notice
Pick Pocket
Piloting (type)
Play Instrument (type)
Questioning
Research/Investigation
Riding (type)
Running (dash or marathon)
Sciences (type)
Seduction
Singing
Sleight of Hand
Sport (type)
Stealth
Storytelling
Streetwise
Surveillance
Survival (type of environment) examples include tundra, forest, jungle...
Swimming
Throwing (Knife, Axe, or Ball)
Toaster Repair (type)
Tracking
Traps
Veterinary Medicine
Weight Lifting
Writing (type) examples include academic, legal, creative, journalistic, technical...

Basic Character Sheet
Code: [Select]
[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b]
[b]Constitution:[/b]
[b]Intelligence:[/b]
[b]Perception:[/b]
[b]Willpower:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[i]Health:[/i]
[i]Endurance:[/i]
[i]Speed:[/i]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Skills:[/b]
(Skill) - (Skill Level)
[i]example
First Aid - 3[/i]

[b]Inventory:[/b]
Backpack

RP is probably going to start sometime in three days. It's going to be a system driven game but I'll be doing all of the rules minded stuff so you don't have to worry about that.

Let's lay down some ground rules:
1) Don't be a richard. Be nice, polite, and work together. If you try to lone wolf it you'll be killed faster than you can finish your senten-
2) Don't powergame. I'm going to give you freedom with your starting inventory if you make it sensible and it complies with your character's backstory.

CHARACTER LIST
Amerax - Willard
Swat3 - Nathan Franc
Theepicman - Derrel Lark
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:51:03 PM by ZombiLoin »

Ooh, this looks fun. I'm tired so the numbers may be wrong, ill double check in the morning.

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 5
Constitution: 2
Intelligence: 2
Perception: 3
Willpower: 2

Name: Willard

Health: 30
Endurance: 32
Speed: 10 (mph?)

Skills:
Acrobatics - 4
Brawling - 2
Cheating - 2
Climbing - 1
Bowyer - 2
Dodge - 3
Melee Weapon: Stave - 4
Lock Picking - 2
Pick Pocket - 1
Sleight of Hand - 4
Stealth - 2
Throwing Knives - 2
Gambling - 3

Inventory:
Backpack
Deck of cards
Dice
Walking Cane
Small Pocket Knife
50 bucks

This looks lovey.

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Constitution: 2
Intelligence: 4
Perception: 3
Willpower: 2

Name: Nathan Franc

Health: 26
Endurance: 23
Speed: 10 mph (i don't think any normal person can do this ;c)

Occupation: General/Trauma Surgeon (Used to be a combat medic in Afghanistan)

Skills:

First Aid - 3
General Surgery - 3
Trauma Surgery - 4
Singing - 4
Brawling - 2
Climbing - 2
Driving (Cars/Light Armored Vehicles) - 2
Guns (Pistols/Assault Rifles) - 2
Haggling - 2
Melee Weapon (Combat Knife/Scalpel/Dagger) - 3
Intimidation - 2
Piloting (Helicopter) - 2
Sleight of Hand - 2
Stealth - 3

Inventory:
Glock 17
9mm Magazine
   9mm x5
Combat Knife x1
Sun Glasses x1
Pants x1
   50 Dollars x1
Shirt x1
Hoodie x1
Shoes x1
Underwear x1
Silenced .22 Ruger Semi-Auto
Magazines x2
   8 Cartridge per Magazine
Flashlight x1
-In Wagon-
3/4 Empty Water Container x1
Backpack
   Cooking Book
   Flashlight x1
   Medical Book x1
   AA Batteries 12 Pack x2
   Gum x2
   Apples x1
   Lemonade x1
-at base-
Baggage (gym bag)
   T-Shirts x7
   Bed Sheets x2
   Pillow x1
      Gauss x1
   Underwear x4
   Pants x4
   Pants x1
      Syringe x1
   Spare Shoes x1
      Scalpel x1
   Toothbrush x2
   Floss x2
   Toothpaste x6
   Water Bottle x1
      Rubbing Alcohol x1
   Water Bottle x1
      Disinfectant x1

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:21:10 PM by Swat 3 »

I'm not the OP, but I'm pretty sure you can't start out as a walking stockpile.

What SWAT said. You're not a walking stockpile, and no, you can't have medical supplies or weapons on your person. They're confiscated by the military for their own purposes and ends.

I went a little too crazy.

lol not too I was tired

Would it be possible that since the level of Nathan's medical knowledge is high, he was the doctor at the safe zone/first aid person on the emigrant train? It is no doubt that people get hurt during the trip, and of course, he can take a few things from the medical supplies given to him while he is doing his duties.

Would it be possible that since the level of Nathan's medical knowledge is high, he was the doctor at the safe zone/first aid person on the emigrant train? It is no doubt that people get hurt during the trip, and of course, he can take a few things from the medical supplies given to him while he is doing his duties.
Sure, you'll get medical supplies. When you're doing your duties.

Do you think you can just waltz onto a military sponsored vehicle train with extremely valuable medical gear without having it be confiscated?

Well duh some of it is concealed in water bottles, and the scalpel is hidden in a pocket of one of the pants.

Well duh some of it is concealed in water bottles, and the scalpel is hidden in a pocket of one of the pants.
Alright, fine. I'll allow it.

Not like it's alot anyway cX

Kinda sucks that nobody is really making characters for this, it seems pretty cool. Maybe its just one of those things that people have to see in action before they join along.

I wanna see how this turns out.  Can this be started, please?

Name: Derrel Lark

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 2
Constitution: 4
Intelligence: 3
Perception:  2
Willpower: 3

Health: 38 (Correct me if I'm wrong its 10PM here and I'm tired)
Endurance: 15
Speed: 12 MPH

Skills:
Storytelling - 3
Swimming -4
Survival - 5 (Foresty area's)
Guns (Pistol, SMG) - 4
First Aid - 3
Driving (Car, duh lol) - 3
Running (Marathon) - 2
Notice - 3
Brawling - 3
Acrobatics - 2
Stealth -1

Inventory:
Combat knife x1
Flaslight x1
Flashlight batteries x4
Scarf x1
Astronaut food (Non perishable) x3
$73 x1
Blanket x1
Water bottle x3
Left Pocket
Wallet x1
$17 In wallet x1
Right Pocket
Trail mix x1

If I did anything wrong please tell me so I can fix it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:25:43 PM by Theepicman »