Author Topic: [More Downloads Added] Takato14's Return  (Read 16366 times)

I'm not going to be overly verbose with this.

I stopped playing Blockland a long time ago simply because I became bored with it. I made a lot of mods during the time I spent in this community, mainly guns and swords. Looking back at them, I'm quite displeased with most of them; very few of them are actually any good despite what I used to believe. I've started playing the game again and thus I've decided that I'm redoing everything.

I lost my old hard drive to the years; it simply stopped working. As a result the source files for everything I've ever done are gone. I will attempt to recover them so I can fix the weapons that I am happy with, notably the Galaxia and some of the Uber-Weapons, but for now I have to just say they're gone.

This topic is for everything I've done. I will provide download links for everything I've ever made or worked on. Swords, guns, tools, everything. Please note that this includes experimental and incomplete Add-Ons as well as edits of other people's content. A lot of these are extremely overpowered and some of them are brokenly coded. Hopefully by the time I redo everything, that will no longer be true.

I'll organize this post better (pictures, formatting, etc) once I get everything put up, but for now...

Downloads:

Laser Pack:

Complete:
--Shard-Gun [v3]

Betas:
--Hi-Blast [v2]
--Alpha Cannon (DANGER: Abusable)

Old versions:
--Shining Laser [v3]
--Eye-Rape Gun [v1]
--Hi-Blast [v1]
--KzR [v1]

Sword Pack:

--Big Goron's Sword [v1]: Big sword. Swing it. Breakable version doesn't work yet.
--Weapon_TSP.zip (v2) (all-inclusive pack; will repackage later)
DANGER: The Four-Sword is EXTREMELY broken. I advise against using it for now.

Uber-Weaponset

Complete:
--Uber-AssaultRifle [v2]
--Uber-Shotgun [v3]
--Uber-Tana [v1]

Betas:
--Uber-SMG [v0.8]
--Uber-RocketGun [v0.6]
--Uber-Rifle [v6.5]
--Uber-RYNO [v0.1][very incomplete]

Other Mods:

These are all currently the old/original versions. There are numerous others, but I'm still working on finding them and uploading them to Dropbox.

Weapons:
--Doom Blades [v2]: Spews bouncing saw blades everywhere, was a lot more fun with terrains...
--TXR-46 Automatic Shotgun [v2]: Full-auto drum-loading death machine.
--"The Raptor" [v1]: Way too much sword.
--Gauss Rifle [v1]: A bit lacking in execution but decent, has ironsights and reload animations.
--Chidori [v3]: Intended for the Laser Weaponset but didn't make the cut. Spews lightning in front of you.

Vehicles:
(nothing I made ever loving worked; scroll down to Experimental to see my attempts

Tools:
--Laser Pointer Color Mod [v2]: Allows you to change the color of the Laser Pointer mod by SpaceGuy. Color options are Red, Green, Orange, Purple, and Blue, and are controlled by RTB prefs.

Scripts:
--Force Tumble [v1]: A criminally simple edit to Force Kill. I use it to troll blockheads reprimand misbehaving players. Credit to PiePiePe (Host-Only Force Kill). Usage: /tumble <name> (no chevrons)

Experimental:

These are all either incomplete or highly abusable/game-breaking and are not recommended for normal server use.

--Akimbo Nuke [v1]: I spent ages hunting down the original one-handed model of Bushido's Mini-Nuke... just so I could do this.  Credits to Jaydee (akimbo rocket launcher) and Bushido (Mini-Nuke).

I just realized this requires you have a very specific version of the Mini-Nuke which is entirely separate from this Add-On. Repackaging it as you read this.

--Apocalypse [v0.1]: Basically the same as the Alpha cannon but everything has been beefed up. Very visually intensive. Credit to Muffinmix (some code/textures) and Gikkon (weapon model).
--Super Shoop Laz0r [v1]: An edit of the Shoop Lazer with more power, longer charge, different sounds, etc etc. Credit to Legend (Shoop Lazer)
--Redeemer [v0.9]: This was a coding exercise, my goal was to recreate the Nuke from Garry's Mod. This is heavily dependant on RTB prefs and is host-only by default.
--Brick Placer Gun [v0.1]: This was my friend's idea, it's a powerful weapon that's disguised as the brick placer. Planned on making it place bricks and forcekill, but it seemed too abusive. Credit to CrazyManMan (concept).

--Gyro-Cycle [v0.1]: Never worked right due to torque's incredibly bad physics. I'll at least try to make it work again but I really doubt I'll get anywhere.
--Vision School Bus [v -0]: This thing is so loving broken and stuffty that I almost didn't put it up here. I really don't advise ever using this other than in SP to check out my first attempt at a vehicle.

Note 1: A few of the things listed here are edits of other people's work. Credit is given where applicable, but if anyone sees a modified version of their Add-On here and would like it removed, either shoot me a PM or post in this thread and I will take it down.

I'm back.

Updated 3/11/14.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:38:52 PM by takato14 »

Progress on the new model for the Hi-Blast.

EDIT: Before someone asks; 1400 polygons so far.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:17:07 AM by takato14 »

aaaaaaaaaaaa welcome back
and that new model looks really good so far

Don't die on us again, also nice models.

More progress. Need to find a file that still has my gun handle model...

Bah, just made a new handle.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm happy with it right now but I'll probably do more tweaking tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:39:38 AM by takato14 »

Done... I think. 3500 polygons. I'm not completely satisfied with it; it looks a tad cluttered imo, a bit too much detail. Any suggestions on what to add/remove/etc?

A little teaser: This doesn't even scratch the surface of the improvement. Just wait until you see what I plan on doing with the code.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:00:08 PM by takato14 »

Finished.

Final polycount: 3766 triangles.

Animating it now.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:30:16 PM by takato14 »

Added a download for the beta of the new Hi-Blast.

WOW

Your models are truly amazing, and even your old ones were great for their time.

Edit: There is a tiny little chunk of something hanging out high above the Hi-Blast's model.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:25:52 AM by Pecon »

WOW

Your models are truly amazing, and even your old ones were great for their time.

Edit: There is a tiny little chunk of something hanging out high above the Hi-Blast's model.
Beta problems nooooooooooo

Nah, that's the trigger, it's snapping to the origin of the source file since it has no keyframes in the animations yet. Just a little artifact caused by the exporter, it'll be gone once I finish the animations. I would've fixed it last night, but I was way too tired.

I'll be updating the downloads periodically as I get more "stable" progress on the weapons.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:45:02 AM by takato14 »

yea blockland needs more detailed stuff.

lately people in blf have been trying to set a pattern into models (blocky, defaultish) and that restricts the people who want to make detailed weapons into blockland, it really pisses me off

yea blockland needs more detailed stuff.

lately people in blf have been trying to set a pattern into models (blocky, defaultish) and that restricts the people who want to make detailed weapons into blockland, it really pisses me off
What do you mean "Lately"? I got stuff nearly every day due to how detailed my models were, from the picosecond I started making weapons to the instant I left the game >_____>

But I digress; I have gotten a little less hard-headed about the issue. A lot of my older weapons were very cluttered looking and generally didn't make much sense. I mean seriously, some of my Uber-Weapons had over 6000 polygons a piece; most games don't expend that much on a PLAYERTYPE, let alone a weapon model. My recent work is a lot cleaner looking and doesn't use a fraction of the resources.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:54:54 PM by takato14 »

i used the wrong term but u know p well what i mean