Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]

Poll

How should the map of national subdivisions be displayed?  Read this first.

Subdivisions should be displayed publicly and privately.
2 (28.6%)
Subdivisions should be displayed privately only.
5 (71.4%)
Other (Suggest in post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Age of Chivalry — Conquests and Pilgrimages — [UOWA IV]  (Read 25678 times)

Haven't had a chance to edit it in.

no rush, take as long as you need

I feel like everyone has voted for themselves

guilty as charged

screw the old world

gimme the americas

screw the old world

gimme the americas

it's the early-mid 600s, dude.

i didn't.

Other than abstaining

Adding this to the OP, but there need to be a few changes.
Religion(s):  Relies on reason.  Rationalism hasn't arrived yet.  That won't be available until early Renaissance.

National Anthem or Theme:  do we need one?  No, this is optional.
Starting Location:  North of stormemark, norwegian area  Pretty obviously not starting there, so just say "Iberian Peninsula".

Map updated.

Verbal update, commence:

Erinaum has finished its conquests in Korea, and will be spending the next few years trying to introduce Korea into Erinamese society.  Some southern land owners and trade partners with Erinaum have sold their estates to Erinaum.

Avalonia continues pushing into Japan and solidifying its claims north of Erinaum.

Icelandic Stormlands has been absorbed into the Stormemarkian culture.  Fenno-Russian Stormlands has recently lost land due to the colony being poorly established.  The colony sells land to local tribes and nomads in exchange for supplying them with food.

Atsina begins to grow into its claims.  (Mlockha, I still need you to PM me the map so I can do it properly.)

Stormemark begins to earn favor in some of the kingdoms north of them.

Ralkestein has moved into East Italy and established a trade mission.

A problem in the Avalonian, Stormemarkian and Erinamese lands has been present, but has only since recently risen to the center of the political theatre.  Enormous language barriers are making expansion very costly, if not, very trying.  The interpreter positions at each of these three kingdoms have already outnumbered the amount of staff attending the royal courts.  New diplomacy and foreign communication is put in gridlock until this is resolved in each nation.  Smaller signs of this have also appeared in Kharidia and Ralkestein.

New Stormlands colony scouts south and east for expansion.

official map of atsinian division courtsey of swat one:

Okay, I think it's pretty clear that grunter is to be admitted as the new moderator.  Skipping the election because of overwhelming record thus far.

Recently, mlockha has been requesting to have multiple colors for Atsina to represent autonomous factions within Atsina.

He personally believes:*
  • They are autonomous, and can sometimes fight amongst each other at times
  • They should be recognized as independent forces, and therefore should have different colors, but since they are all parts of Atsina, they should not have border lines between them.
  • It's not that they can fight eachother, they will fight each other. This is a civil war, not a subdivision. All of the previously listed divisions are each their own states, they all aim to unite Atsina under their king/queen.
*Feel free to add to this list, mlockha.

I personally believe:
  • Since they are represented as one ethnic group under his (mlockha's) authority, they should all be recognized as The Atsinan States in the OP, and in his nation profile, he should display this map.
  • Since Atsina's colonies are recognized as "Atsinan" land, the colonies should either be represented by the houses to which they belong, or the nation should be represented by its former crown.
  • The split system in the public map takes away potential colors for newcomer nations.
  • These states were just newly founded or established.  Internationally, they would not be recognized as fully sovereign by a considerable majority.

Also, there hasn't been much fighting, if any, up to this point.

I will be putting up a poll to ask what you all think.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:43:19 PM by SWAT One »