Author Topic: Is it normal for blockland shaders to look like this?  (Read 1135 times)

Hello, I have just gotten a new laptop with the gtx 970m and I was wondering if it was normal for blockland shaders to look this jagged on maximum settings:

I would also like to add that the 970m is roughly as powerful as the desktop gtx 760, however I'm only getting 25- 35 fps with max settings. Is that normal?

Thanks to all replies in advance.

yeah shaders look pretty jagged and from what i've been told they're not very well optimized for certain cards or something

you could try this (which is what i think they should've looked like and i'm sure a lot of other people thought this would be the case)

they're jagged because of how they're generated, which is basically simulating many small square rays of light coming down from the sky

and if you want to increase the precision of them, you can lower your draw distance
with a low enough draw distance it looks very smooth, but you can't see very far

yeah the shadows aren't top-notch quality since they have to account for what could now potentially be nearly one million non-static objects at a time

you can lower draw distance in advanced options to make them a bit sharper