Poll

[holder poll, doesn't count for anything] Pick a favorite website

Drunk Ron Swanson
This is Why I'm Broke

Author Topic: CityMod  (Read 22121 times)

CityMod is a cutting-edge, new-generation City RPG designed around the concept of the playerbase being completely self-reliant: Money circulates within an actual economy, every decision you make affects everyone else, and players are forced to rely on eachother to function properly. Whether you want to build an office-building or you want to prepare a burger, you need the right raw materials to make it, and you need to find the cheapest place to get those goods. Perhaps you wanna own a resteraunt, and feed the masses with 5-star quisine. Or maybe you want to be a farmer, to supply the resteraunts with the raw food to be processed. Or maybe you just need some fast cash, and are willing to work in a factory to create bricks? Or maybe even a life of crime! Need to kill someone before they spill the beans about a dirty trade gone sour? Better toss the body somewhere nobody will find it! The choices are endless, and every action you make directly impacts the entire server.

News/Updates/To-Do List

• ??/??/?? - Vaux Begins the CityMod Project
• ??/??/?? - Brian Smithers joins CityMod
• 08/12/13 - The Modification Discussion Topic is launched
• 11/??/13 - AdinX & Thorfin25 begin construction of the 'city'
• 11/25/13 - Data corruption, all build progress lost
• 12/25/13 - The General Discussion Topic is launched
• 12/25/13 - The General Discussion Topic is updated to fix formatting issues
• 12/26/13 - GD Topic modified to include new images! Check 'em out!

What will the map be like??

Realism is key, and the map is no excuse. Cities are intended for high-rises and sky-scrapers, suburbs include small businesses and farms exhist only out in the country-side. You can own property ranging anywhere from the coastline, to the middle of the secluded forest. Roads range anywhere from four lane city-routes, to single lane dirt paths carved into the ground by off-roading vehicles. You can live in the mountains, or you can live in the city; live by the ocean, or live near a lake. Crime lord looking for a place to make a deal? Go to the train yard when it's dark, nobody will see you! Wanna hangout with friends and chat about how cool the game is? Go to the beach and lay-out a towel! Need to get from the West side of the city to the East side? Take the train! The map (will have) has a planned 8 environments: City, Ghetto sub-city, Suburbs, Country, Coastal, Lake, Forest and Mountains. Though you may not fully climb the mountains, or travel from one end of the forrest to the other, it is intended to create a more 'complete' feeling of the server.
-INSERT MINIMAP HERE WHEN IT'S DONE-

Helpers / Administration

Vaux - 14597 - Project Leader, Mod Owner, Scripter, HOST
BrianSmith - 43325 - Scripter, Co-Project Leader, "Partner," CO-HOST
AdinX - 10832 - Public Relations, Build Manager, AdminX
Thorfin25 - 2199 - Builder, Assistant Build Manager, Admin
Palladium - 19856 - Prop Builder
Ultimadune - 17624 - Builder
The Brighter Dark - 3014 - Builder (country bank)
Conservative - 5012 - Modeler

F.A.Q.

• What does FAQ stand for?
loving Ask us some Questions.
Just kidding it means Frequently Asked Questions.

• Will there be drugs!?
No. There will not be drugs. At all. Don't bother mentioning them. They will never ever ever happen. EVER.

• What do you mean people will be "reliant" on eachother?
I mean the entire server is going to be limited to a set ammount of money, for example $2,000,000. If there are 200 players total, the total money those 200 players have cannot exceed $2,000,000. Money is not generated like other servers where you paid a set ammount of money every five minutes, you actually have to do your job. Factory workers have to make bricks, farmers have to grow crops, cops have to arrest people, etc etc.

• How often do we get paid?
I know you have a family to feed, but there are no 'ticks.' You will not be paid on a scheduled basis, you will be paid for actually WORKING. Not that you'll have a job, since there aren't any. Instead, your actions will pay you: making goods to sell or running a company.

• Hold up sassy-friend, there aren't jobs?
Nope. You will never have a "job," only tasks to accomplish. There is no signing up for jobs, and there are no teams. If you use teamchat, the entire server will see it. There is no /job policeman command, and there is no policeman-specific spawn. For example, rather than saying /job shopkeeper to be a shopkeeper, you just get the right skills for it, and bam! You can sell stuff to people, control your prices, buy raw goods to sell off finished goods, etc etc.

• Okay well what about edumacation?
You go to school. Literally. No more /education, but rather you have to go to a training facility/school, do tasks and earn your education. This is still being developed so this description may change with time, but this is a general overlook as to how this will work.

• How do I get a house?
You go to real estate to buy the property, and then you can do whatever you want with it. Clear all the bricks on it, add onto it, re-color it, sell it later once the land-value goes up, etc. This means there will be no giant holes imbetween roads where people place a bunch of misaligned 16x16 lots, as it will already be gridded and

• I'm gonna be a bad ass criminal! pew pew!
Careful there buckaroo, like I said before, there are no ticks. You don't just go to jail for six ticks for killing half the server, you could get LIFE IN PRISON. Criminals have to be sneaky about their crimes so they aren't put on the city's most wanted listing. Hide the dead body, stash the gun, clean up the blood splatters and lay low for a while, otherwise you'll have the 5-0 on you in no time flat! Though we have no real set 'crimes,' yet, this could go anywhere from obstruction of justice, to grand theft auto, to several accounts of vehicular manslaughter.

• My question isn't in the FAQ, help what do I do!?
Commit seppuku Ask! Write your question in a post and let us see! If I can't answer it myself, I'll show it to Vaux and we can work it out from there. If you're uncomfortable asking publicly, feel free to message me!

Poll History

Trial Poll:
How many songs should the server have?
0       10 (27.8%)
1-3       3 (8.3%)
4-6       6 (16.7%)
7-9       4 (11.1%)
10-12       13 (36.1%)
Total Voters: 36
RESULT - We will look into having 10-12 songs. We have to keep download speed in mind, but we'll do what we can.

How much weapon variety should there be?
ALL the weapons!       -8 (14.8%)
There should be good variety, but it should be logical.       -22 (40.7%)
There should be a few choices for each type of weapon       -15 (27.8%)
You only need one kind of pistol, why make seven?       -6 (11.1%)
You don't need weapons PERIOD. Just remove them all.       -3 (5.6%)
Other (please post)       -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 54
RESULT - The weapons are custom at the moment, created in a similar style to H&K. It may be a possibility to include more H&K weapons for mixed variety, as well as any future weapons they release.

What is the most important thing about a City RPG map? (POST WHY!)
Size       -4 (12.9%)
Realism       -11 (35.5%)
Low brick-count       -2 (6.5%)
uniqueness       -9 (29%)
different environments       -3 (9.7%)
Other (please post)       -2 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 31
RESULT - Luckily this has already been planned for, so not much to say. We'll try to make the map AS realistic as possible, with all other poll options kept in mind.

How important are bloopers/easter eggs? (POST WHY!)
There should be a lot to keep players interested       11 (28.9%)
There should be a good amount, but they need to be small       5 (13.2%)
amount doesn't matter, just don't make it affect gameplay       11 (28.9%)
there should be a few, hard to find ones       7 (18.4%)
they should be rare, but really big and cool       4 (10.5%)
Other (please post)       0 (0%)
Total Voters: 38
RESULT: We'll try to keep the GUI simple but attractive so it's not too much of an eyesore. Don't expect rainbow font and kitten backgrounds.

Which of the two GUI samples do you prefer? (They can be seen here)
The first one        -30 (53.6%)
The second one        -26 (46.4%)
Total Voters: 56
RESULT: We'll be using Vaux's original GUI, but may possibly modify it to have a more cartoony style, much like Blockland's GUI.

Server Rules

No rules agreed upon yet!

Images

Calendars

No Calendars set up yet!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:28:47 PM by AdinX »

RESERVED
Thorfin25 was here.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:43:43 AM by AdinX »

The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available.

The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available.
Pardon?
Which image?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:45:35 AM by Vaux »

Half of them, it seems.
All work fine for me.

EDIT:
Code: [Select]
12:17 AM - siba: "OH HELL NO" ?
12:17 AM - Vauxel: I can't really think of any now
12:17 AM - Vauxel: And yes
12:17 AM - siba: Too soon?
12:17 AM - Vauxel: I didn't approve of that topic
12:17 AM - siba: ohhhhhhhhh forget.

Code: [Select]
12:17 AM - siba: "OH HELL NO" ?
12:17 AM - Vauxel: I can't really think of any now
12:17 AM - Vauxel: And yes
12:17 AM - siba: Too soon?
12:17 AM - Vauxel: I didn't approve of that topic
12:17 AM - siba: ohhhhhhhhh forget.
Yes he did
Multiple times
Over IRC, steam chat, and over discussion in my server
I informed him of the topic launch day, I gave him a rough draft, and I posted it like I said I would
Vaux, you've had a week to talk me down, all day today and yesterday to modify it while bouncing all over steam, etc

I'm seriously the only one that can see everything fine?

yea hi id like to apply for host

I'm seriously the only one that can see everything fine?

No, I can see all of the images just fine as well.

can i apply for local homeless man