Author Topic: Island Resort Concept  (Read 2849 times)

One of the things that I think Blockland is severely lacking, is a server with a polished tone that delivers a big map to explore, with activities to have fun with other players, including a minigame system where the player can spawn in some sort of HUB room, where you can choose where to spawn in the map.

Judging by the title of this topic you're probably thinking of Wii Sports Resort, but actually my concept behind the idea was inspired by a game called Go Vavation which is also for the Wii, that game includes a huge island that is separated by 4 different resorts (city, beach, countryside and snow mountain) each provides the player different activities to play, and it inspires you to explore around to discover secrets and new locations, I want to do something similar to that concept in Blockland, where you can play games with friends and do other types of activities that are scattered around the map, including interesting locations to visit, maybe an island with a huge beach on the front with a city in the distance, and it can be expanded from time to time to always deliver more content for the players.

Or, there could be several islands, each far away from each other to save up on performance, each island could have it's own environment, there could be public transportations that works as bots which will always follow a specific path, and maybe create a tool that allows the player to spawn specific vehicles, for example a bicycle or a skateboard.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:49:14 AM by Filipe »

I was going to do this with my blocko island. But lack of help from other people makes me not want to finish.

...but actually my concept behind the idea was inspired by a game called Go Vavation which is also for the Wii, that game includes a huge island that is separated by 4 different resorts (city, beach, countryside and snow mountain) each provides the player different activities to play, and it inspires you to explore around to discover secrets and new locations...
Go Vacation is the loving best. I literally just played it yesterday with my friend, just messing around with the Jeeps on the Country bit of the island. I LOVE that game so much, best multiplayer Wii game of all time, hands down.
I have my server Ocaro Island that fulfills some of those margins. A lot of people wanted me to transform the server into a hangout or partyish server, and not just a Beach Build, and I would love to make something like that. I’ve had so much potential with Ocaro but made it into a building server rather than a hangout server, which was my original intention.

If we can organize a group to work on this, I’m in. I can even reuse some of the parts of Ocaro such as the Hotel that’s mostly finished, and the Falling Tiles minigame I’ve been working on. (I will upload screenshots when I get home.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:37:02 PM by speeddog73 »

Here's some screenshots of the progress I've had so far on the Falling Tiles Minigame and the Hotel. If we make a resort, maybe these can be incorporated in it.
Falling Tiles

Hotel

I would have uploaded these to Ocaro Island's page, but they're not finished. I still want to change a few things and add some more decorations like more foilage to the Falling Tiles.
I will not publically distribute these, however if we make this project, I can add these into the resort, and keep Ocaro as more of a BeachBuild, or something along the lines.

but actually my concept behind the idea was inspired by a game called Go Vacation which is also for the Wii, that game includes a huge island that is separated by 4 different resorts (city, beach, countryside and snow mountain) each provides the player different activities to play, and it inspires you to explore around to discover secrets and new locations,
That was a great game. I started on a map based on it a loooong while back, but it never got anywhere. Would be cool to do something like that.

That was a great game. I started on a map based on it a loooong while back, but it never got anywhere. Would be cool to do something like that.
We can totally do it, I'd recommend base the terrain with modter so we can make a big map without costing too much performance.

Also speeddog that looks really good!

Bump, I want to help make this happen. This would be amazing.

Bump, I want to help make this happen. This would be amazing.
I think we could start in the beach section first.

I think we could start in the beach section first.
I could get that started. Should I aim to make it a tropical island like the Marine Resort on Go Vacation, or a large beach shore with tons of space and stuff to do?

I could get that started. Should I aim to make it a tropical island like the Marine Resort on Go Vacation, or a large beach shore with tons of space and stuff to do?
A mix of both would be pretty cool, we could also add interiors in some of the buildings from Go Vacation.

A mix of both would be pretty cool, we could also add interiors in some of the buildings from Go Vacation.
Interiors...? I don’t recall the ability to go inside of most of the buildings in the game.

Interiors...? I don’t recall the ability to go inside of most of the buildings in the game.
I mean, we could add interiors in some buildings from Go Vacation that didn't had any, that's one of the things I disliked about the game is that there were some very interesting locations that I coudn't get in.

Maybe interiors could be rabbit holes so you don't have to overkill the detail in the actual resort and it could run better while also allowing to make interiors larger than the actual building.

The only downside is that windows wouldn't work which does kinda suck.

Maybe interiors could be rabbit holes so you don't have to overkill the detail in the actual resort and it could run better while also allowing to make interiors larger than the actual building.

The only downside is that windows wouldn't work which does kinda suck.
Good idea, but personally if I were to design an interior, I’d make sure it has a good view. I suppose the space needed for buildings and other dimensions can be considered once we make a terrain map and all. I’ll start to work on a concept today.