I'm sorry, I completely forgot about this topic. :c
Anyway, really the only thing I can think of now is whether or not the connection between the jack on your speakers and the port on your desktop is completely functional. Try plugging your speakers into a different computer or something that can use them and see if they work there. If they do, then try plugging something like headphones or other speakers into the port on your desktop to see if it works. If both the speaker jack and the desktop port are both functional, then I'm out of options for helping you, unfortunately.
fu-
well
i found a solution just in the nick of time.
however i will not be able to exploit this solution until i get a new monitor that has the Dual-Screw HDMI port, because i have a cable handy where both ends have a green Audio jack.
so yeah. no sound for a while unless i can fix it on this. :c