Author Topic: What motivates you to build?  (Read 3138 times)

sometimes when I build things I feel good about myself when I finish it, making me want to build more

other times when I build things I say to myself: "Why the forget did I build this?"

Start off small.  Get an idea of what you want to build.  Build a small part or prop that will later go into the build.  
This is what I do, and if it looks good it gives me motivation to build more.

when i do manage to make myself try to build, it's either a box or ugly.

I've been getting better at building recently. Pretty much everything motivates me.

friends that are there helping me build <3

Even then I build like ass.

I have no idea, but whatever it is, I always lose motivation about halfway .through

Looking at other builds and seeing how you could make it ten times better.
For me its looking at builds and seeing how THEY made it ten times better.

Addons motivate me to build the most:

If you're asking how to get ideas I suggest doing something you hate, such as housework.  Eventually your mind will start to wander and, if you're like me, you'll start to think about BL, and find something you want to try out.

I also listen to techno or trance while I'm building.  It helps me stay focused.

I just have the thought of playing in the build and i don't stop till I'm done. end of story

I try to figure out something I'd like to see built and attempt to build it.

Imagining my teacher screaming at me to figure out how to punch a tree. (Not playing MC)

When there's enough people on my server, I have motivation to build on it.

The idea of rendering my imagination into reality is usually my motivation, also being able to, in a way, show my imagination to others.

While building I'll usually think of when I finally do get to see it completed, and then store it away into my Saves folder, to be able to load it any moment I please.