Author Topic: Super Crate Box - "Playing ambush I see?"  (Read 1030 times)

You should tickle the guy in the front maybe!

Vlambeer's SUPER CRATE BOX is coming to bring back the glory of the golden arcade age, when all that really mattered was getting on that high score list. Grab your baseball cap and loosen your pants, it's time to fight endless hordes of enemies and collect every weapon crate you can. Prepare for an arcade delight with tight controls, refreshing game mechanics, cracking retro art and a terribly hip chiptune soundtrack.
So basically your objective is to get the crates and defend from the skulls with provided weapons. You will get a random weapon from a crate and the use of those weapons is unpredictable. You can unlock SFMT mode that ramps up the enemy amount (bring a flamer!) and Ambush mode where enemies pop everywhere but the top hole. The monsters turn red and become faster when they fall in the pit(s). Also, when you get enough crates, head for the gate!

Here's a guide for all known weapons in the game (except the stuffty starter pistol), measured with (in)direct combat value

Dual Pistols
DC: Whack
IC: Very bad
Useless except for the fact you can hit someone behind you.
Shotgun
DC: Good
IC: Bad
At least it fires a good amount of pistol bullets.
Machinegun
IC: Meh
Hooty tooty point and shooty! (sans the "point" part)
Bazooka
IC: Good
One-hits all enemies in its blast range but has a round reload time.
Revolver
DC: Very good
Takes out the big tanks in two hits  and smaller ones in one.
Mines
DC: Very bad
Take a second to set up, explode like rockets if treaded.
Discgun
IC: Whack
Cuts anything in a horizontal arc, then bounces back. The only weapon that can kill you. So don't run with it, dumbass.
Flamethrower
IC: Dude!
Spews gouts of hellish inferno all over that take care of most enemies with ease. They also stick.
Minigun
IC: Bad
This thing REALLY pushes you back, so use with caution. Also, cue Heavy quotes.
Grenade Launcher
DC: Bad
The grenades rocket-explode only when they put to rest, or hit someone.
Katana
Cuts anyone caught in half and makes tanks turn away from you, allowing you to finish them off.
Laser Rifle
DC: Dude!
IC: Holy forget!
Takes a second to charge, but wrecks anything caught in the resulting beam of ouch. Even when it's charging the orange bit can be used as a chainsaw!

so yeah, normal enemies, floating enemies and huge enemies, bla bla. will update later.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:23:55 AM by Cybertails1998 »

Looks fun, I'll probably download when I get home.

i never knew this was on steam

aaaaaa