Author Topic: 14 Year Old Programming Prodigy  (Read 5452 times)

Not really, after you learn your first language you have grasped the concepts of programming, so learning another language is pretty straight forward.
Learning a language != becoming fluent in it.  And, yeah, people can become incredibly efficient and outmatch others almost entirely.  It isn't simply learning, it's adapting to situations appropriately and learning how to think brown townytically almost intuitively.

Also, go learn Assembly -- then tell me it's just "straight forward" to learn any other language.

Cut this kid some slack, I'm sure he gets enough stuff to begin with.

programming. pff. i'd like to see someone at this age being a junior in college while majoring in physics/theoretical physics.

majoring in physics/theoretical physics.
the thing is nobody needs people like these anymore

the most important job at the present and future is probably programmer to be honest

the most important job at the present and future is probably programmer to be honest
and why is things like chemistry (and all its branches) and physics (and all its branching) not important?

and why is things like chemistry (and all its branches) and physics (and all its branching) not important?

you guys do realize you're both wrong? both these jobs have experienced exponential growth in recent years, along with the greater trend in engineering as a whole.

you guys do realize you're both wrong? both these jobs have experienced exponential growth in recent years, along with the greater trend in engineering as a whole.
i never said they hadn't or had grown in the number of jobs. i was just making a somewhat sarcastic statement.

i never said they hadn't or had grown in the number of jobs. i was just making a somewhat sarcastic statement.
that was directed more towards the competitive nature of it, rather than whether or not it was making progress at all.