Author Topic: Software name to create add-ons  (Read 2249 times)

you need winrar or whatever else you can use to make .zips
http://www.rarlab.com
but i mean come on everyone should have winrar already it's 2014

Winrar sucks

why doesn't anyone use Total Commander? I thought we were talking about real manly software here!!

7-zip is the best compression utility, since it is not only free, but open-source, and supports a wide range of file formats.

Uh, why not just use the computer's built in zip function, Gumba?
i forgot entirely about that
and if anything it's probably better to make addons with because you don't have to deal with winrar's sluggishness

If you're interested in making weapons or vehicles, you'll want to grab some software called Blender. You can Google Blender noob to pro if you need an in depth tutorial. And there are plenty of addon tutorials for Blender on the forums.

Thank you everybody, I think I've got the hang of it now!

the forget is this
Windows 7 by default has a built-in ZIP function
Ever right-clicked and created a new Zip folder?

Seriously what do you modders run on, windows 98?

7-zip is the best compression utility, since it is not only free, but open-source, and supports a wide range of file formats.
i agree with this guy

i agree with this guy
You can also compress files with the LZMA2 algorithm with 7-zip.

If you can't figure this out on your own you will never be able to do it.

that's probably the only attitude that won't get you anywhere

discouraging people like this accomplishes absolutly nothing

Also, this isn't even true. I've helped a few modders get started myself, they were clueless on their own.

That's like saying, "The only way to learn how to make bread is by figuring out the recipe and process on your own."

This is just the saying people would say when they are to lazy to actually help someone. I never would have been able to export from Blender without Demian's guide.

2.5 years ago, without Pacnet's patient help, I would have never made all of the add-ons I have.