Author Topic: 10 year-old raped by stepfather, Paraguay congress rules out abortion  (Read 3836 times)

Psychiatry is essentialy working back through traumatic elements and discovering what makes them traumatic so that we may make them less traumatic. psychiatry is exactly what you are claiming to be the problem. I've never heard of a psychiatrist who DOESNT talk about his patients problems with them.
yeah that's not at all what i'm saying
psychiatry definately helps people with their problems
but these problems where created (or at least made worse) by the people who constantly make the victim relive it

i'm really confused so i'll ask you directly pls don't think i'm attacking you

is the article provided in the OP falsifying the situation?
i think you're confusing loveual abuse with loveual assault?
it's rape because she was a child and can't legally consent. That doesn't mean she was forced and beaten; that would be assault.

an psychologist wouldn't claim...however, that trauma doesn't exist
yeah that's not what i said
I'm saying that trauma is made worse when everyone the person know starts making them live through it again

also I can attest personally to what I'm saying because I've been through it myself (although to a lesser degree)
I was like 8 or 9 and I was in the park with a friend the same age, when some older kids, like 16 or so, came, forced me and a friend down on the ground on top of eachother, and made us kind of grind on each other. Even though I knewwhat they were making us do, I just walked away like "meh, whatever". It legitimately did not bother me at all.
but then someone saw and called the police and later that night my friend and I got brought to the police station and a bunch of officers talked to us and our parents where like "oh my god what terrible people" and I just felt...terrible. like, uggh. now imagine people made an even bigger deal, and I couldn't just live and play with my friends because i constantly had to go talk to police and counselers and stuff
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:47:04 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

it's rape because she was a child and can't legally consent. That doesn't mean she was forced and beaten; that would be assault.
i tend to think "abuse" connotes that the individual didn't consent. i don't really know a lot about whatever nuances of terminology exist personally but the almighty wikiped seems to indicate this as well but w/e i concede ignorance on both the individual situation and the word choice

I'm saying that trauma is made worse when everyone the person know starts making them live through it again
ye it was more what bisjac was saying lol

that's totes probable though

also on an unrelated note,
Psychiatry is essentialy working back through traumatic elements and discovering what makes them traumatic so that we may make them less traumatic. psychiatry is exactly what you are claiming to be the problem. I've never heard of a psychiatrist who DOESNT talk about his patients problems with them.
i legitimately thought the first word of this post was "patriarchy" at first and got fairly concerned about the fate of old machaty here briefly. esp since it might have even been a viable thing to bring up in this topic if you so desired lol
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:51:11 PM by otto-san »

aren't there some morals that are accepted worldwide, like how it's wrong to kill innocents?
CIA disagrees

yeah that's not at all what i'm saying
psychiatry definately helps people with their problems
but these problems where created (or at least made worse) by the people who constantly make the victim relive it

also I can attest personally to what I'm saying because I've been through it myself (although to a lesser degree)
I was like 8 or 9 and I was in the park with a friend the same age, when some older kids, like 16 or so, came, forced me and a friend down on the ground on top of eachother, and made us kind of grind on each other. Even though I kind of knew what they were making us do, I just walked away like "meh, whatever"
but then someone saw and called the poilce and my friend and I got brought to the police station and a bunch of officers talked to us and our parents where like "oh my god what terrible people" and I just felt...uggghh
1. What you experienced was school years bullying, which is something most people experience in their life time. Not to belittle the incident, but it seems like not to big of a deal to me. Being raped and impregnated is a hell of a lot different.
2. Dude, as I said, psychiatrists also make victims relive their experiences.
Think about all the times kids are raped when they are young, live a life full of emotional and loveual development issues, and then confess when they are older. They aren't treated like a victim because no one knows they are a victim. A friend of a friend was raped when he was a child. He never told anyone, but found that he couldn't function in a loveual setting. He would get intense anxiety and think back I when he was raped. Ask someone who was raped wether the actual rape or the way they were treated by synpathizers afterwards was worse.

why the forget are you all so easy to troll
unless they post something worthwhile (ie: not name calling &/or anecdotal evidence) ignore them

your head dosnt know what trauma is. that is learned, and its different for everyone.
dogs don't learn it. but abusing them still messes them up mentally. explain??
i wouldn't mind being raped
lol. ok buddy

this whole thread is so wrong why does no please

1. What you experienced was school years bullying, which is something most people experience in their life time. Not to belittle the incident, but it seems like not to big of a deal to me. Being raped and impregnated is a hell of a lot different.
yeah it's a lot less of a deal but it still works the same way. Something that could have otherwise be walked away from was turned into something worse by involving everyone. and that was just parents and a couple police officers, imagine what a huge investigation and entire family, or even and nation-wide debate like this does

Think about all the times kids are raped when they are young, live a life full of emotional and loveual development issues, and then confess when they are older. They aren't treated like a victim because no one knows they are a victim. A friend of a friend was raped when he was a child. He never told anyone, but found that he couldn't function in a loveual setting. He would get intense anxiety and think back I when he was raped.
yeah the main point i'm trying to make here is "making people live their experiences over and over is going to forget them up more"
putting this girl up on a pedestal and being the center of attention in a nation-wide debate isn't going to make her feel better lol
"i shouldn't let my daughter watch tv about her being forgeted" like the story mentioned is pretty common sense but as bisjac mentioned it's hard for some people to link the implications further than that: your friend probably wouldn't be as forgeted up (not saying he'd be perfectly fine) if society didn't teach him "wow you're gonna be really forgeted up now"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:25:42 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

They are currently keeping her away from viewing the media at the moment however, mostly to prevent exacerbating the trauma.

Well you have the mental problems caused by the rape, you have the hard realization that you are now pregnant, at this age she might not even survive giving birth and nor is she fit to be mother at this age. An abortion might cause both physical and mental damage.
An abortion literally solves three out of the four problems you've identified.

An abortion literally solves three out of the four problems you've identified.
I think his point is that either way, it's a bad scenario and the person is going to be scarred for life.

I think his point is that either way, it's a bad scenario and the person is going to be scarred for life.
Well duh, so what's the implication here?