Author Topic: How can we actually grow the game?  (Read 1079 times)

A servive the Self Delete bombers would be nice.
Stop right there. I said I am looking for a modeller. I am fully capable of scripting it. You cannot make models with VCE.
I meant there are some rpg scripts or whatever and you can also make an RPG with VCE

I meant there are some rpg scripts or whatever and you can also make an RPG with VCE
Yes, you can make a watered down and unnecessarily difficult to make RPG with VCE, but those aren't models. I would rather script it but the content I need does not exist.

the game's loving 10 years old isn't that long enough

no i need more

Doesn't mean it has to stop growing. It still has potential. The fact that it's even lived this long is proof enough.

port's new soft shaders are really cool; we could get a guide up on steam on how to set them up so people dont have to limit themselves to default shaders; imo, we need more/better servers going up; so i'll just copy paste this from another thread
I was thinking that I, or hopefully someone more capable, could write up a server megathread/how to topic to help new and old players find things to host. This thread would include topics and resources such as:
  • popular VPS/specialized hosting services,
  • how to/can you host from home,
  • tips/tricks on presenting your server,
  • how to apply quality admins,
  • places to advertise your server.
  • popular server add-ons,
  • a complete list of old/new gamemodes along with popular maps/add-ons used with them.

I don't know if it'll help get new servers up or not, but I know I could see it being useful.
i mean, we can make this game more popular, it's not like terraria minecraft roblox ext are inherently better than blockland. we've got events, vehicles, weapons, a fantastic system to add on to these things, we just need to present it all better

I agree with all of this; we have the ability to make all kinds of neat stuff in this game: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=59525.0 shows off all the neat effects you could make for example, which roblox added not too long ago while we had it for years.
Speaking of graphics enhancements, reshade SSAO & bloom can really beautify the game (not that it's ugly without them).