Author Topic: School laptop, best suggestion?  (Read 1153 times)

dell inspiron, toshiba satelite, asus switch

buy him a £5000 gaming pc complete with watercooling and super cool led lights.

do you know what theyre studying? haha
what would you be studying if I was there haha ;)

You can buy portable CD drives for about £5 now, its not a huge deal
yeah i have an old one but i havent had to use it for anything so far

Chromebooks are OK
I have one and I regret it. The limitations on a Chromebook are beyong astounding.

???
my dad's acer laptop had adware on it so i think that's what he meant

I don't use laptops so idk

laptops have too low memory only gaming laptops have memory

???

They are cheap junk that break down within 2 years. I've had multiple acer laptops and my friends have had the same problems with theirs.

buy him a £5000 gaming pc complete with watercooling and super cool led lights.
great idea

They are cheap junk that break down within 2 years. I've had multiple acer laptops and my friends have had the same problems with theirs.
usually most are but some are tough as business-class laptops, i have an Acer Aspire One D150-1Bb that can match the durability of a 1999 IBM ThinkPad 600X... not to mention that laptop had even survived from its manufacturing date in 2009 all the way to present ( which is now) and thats IMPRESSIVE for an acer laptop
(reply V)
for that kind of budget id say you can try getting a used Lenovo ThinkPad T520..?
shouldnt disappoint you on the specifications, but dont go for a chromebook

for their price i could get a used 14.1 inch business laptop with FAR more capabilities then what a chromebook could do: eg. a Penryn Core 2 Duo vs a low-end Haswell Celeron or a Diamondville/Pineview Atom
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:34:27 AM by Mac Workin »

Get a Chromebook. There's some really cheap ones out there, and they can last you a while. I personally have one made by Asus, and since it's so small, I can take it anywhere with me.