Are you scared of death?

Yes
10 (15.6%)
No
23 (35.9%)
Sort of
31 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Are you scared of death? / what do you think comes after death?  (Read 7950 times)

well yes because I would die
if I had forever, however, I know that eventually you would die and I would be able to figure a way out
okay okay you're magically sustained through like the power of nanobots or IVs or something

if nobody is monitoring him we're better off not knowing what he'd do

I mean eventually the matter that was once you may become part of another living creature so you will sort of live on in a way

okay okay you're magically sustained through like the power of nanobots or IVs or something
then yeah like I said, if I'm guaranteed to have eternity, it's ok (unless I had other time-sensitive plans, goals, or desires obviously, but generally speaking if I'm not waiting on something specific there wouldn't be any reason for me to care)

edit: actually as a human being I probably would care because that sort of thing has psychological effects on you, but I doubt some ethereal being that you become after dying would have to deal with the same problem

when you die where does your human energy go 🤔

then yeah like I said, if I'm guaranteed to have eternity, it's ok (unless I had other time-sensitive plans, goals, or desires obviously, but generally speaking if I'm not waiting on something specific there wouldn't be any reason for me to care)

knowing how humans operate you'd go insane within 6 months

knowing how humans operate you'd go insane within 6 months
yeah pretty much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKdEhx-dD4

you would not fare well

yall not refreshin ass bitches

yes, only because im not done here. what happens after idgaf.

God is, or God is not. Reason cannot decide between the two alternatives.

A Game is being played... where heads or tails will turn up.

You must wager (it is not optional).

Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.

Wager, then, without hesitation that He is. (...) There is here an infinity of an infinitely happy life to gain, a chance of gain against a finite number of chances of loss, and what you stake is finite. And so our proposition is of infinite force, when there is the finite to stake in a game where there are equal risks of gain and of loss, and the infinite to gain.

But some cannot believe. They should then 'at least learn your inability to believe...' and 'Endeavour then to convince' themselves.
Here's my beef with Pascal's Wager:

What if God actually only permits people to enter heaven if they die as atheists? No more or less plausible than any world religion since we can't substantiate anything. Therefore Pascal's Wager is a zero-sum game. You're no better off being a theist.

I'm not at all afraid of death. Nobody truly knows what happens after death, and neither do I, but that's why I'm not afraid of it. To be honest, it's something I want to experience; no, not now, but I embrace it because I am curious of what it is. It's something unlike anything else you can experience; and that's why it's special.