Poll

how do you like your meat

with gristle
12 (19%)
none of that chewy garbage
51 (81%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: is gristle/fat in meat good  (Read 4328 times)

depends

fat helps the meat taste better and also can be used in keeping whatever you're cooking from sticking to the pan

that being said leans meats are boss

but if you want tru flavor you need to cook steaks with a little fat to medium rare or honestly forget yourself

only as long as it all cooks down. i eat meat rare though so tough luck with that for me lol

lean is good medium rare but slightly fatty is good medium

oh man that looks so good

I've had it once and it was fantastic quite literally some of the best eating I've experienced

but if you want tru flavor you need to cook steaks with a little fat to medium rare or honestly forget yourself
go rare or go home

go rare or go home

>not knowing about texture or fat rendering
>chewing raw protein with no fat rendering
>wasting food

ishygddt

I used to be a major shill for rare steaks but I recently stopped after realizing what Khorde is talking about. Most of the time when people serve me rare steak, it's just loving cold and chewy, so I started going medium-rare when ordering at restaurants

There's definitely like a rare steak sweet-spot that draws a line between chewy, cold meat and the perfect juicy steak. Can't really go wrong with medium-rare even if it's often served a little overdone

medium-rare is the steak meta and if a restaraunt serves you well done charcoal despite your request you need to piss on the counter

why do people eat chewy ass pink steaks and medium rare at everywhere i eat around here is just raw
ive been asking well for years now and i get some cold ass steak where if you cut a centimeter deep that stuff is raw meat pink

the forget? well done steaks are infinitely times more chewier and less flavorful than medium rare

why do people eat chewy ass pink steaks and medium rare at everywhere i eat around here is just raw
ive been asking well for years now and i get some cold ass steak where if you cut a centimeter deep that stuff is raw meat pink

cursed post

ive worked in restaurants for 3 years of my life and every time someone gets a well done steak it holds back the entire table for way too loving long

hope everyone you dine with likes heat lamped food you selfish rooster