Author Topic: TristanBomb's FTB Revelation Server - Modded Minecraft - Lost Cities Worldgen  (Read 2169 times)

FTB Revelation is a modpack for Minecraft 1.12.2 that contains tech, magic, and other mods. Build crazy contraptions, manufacture tons of resources, cast spells to defeat your enemies, and more - all with your friends! Additionally, the server has Lost Cities world generation enabled, which means that the world map will be peppered with the ruins of once-prosperous cities. In these buildings, you may find all sorts of exciting loot... but be careful, as the cities are infested with hordes of monsters (read: there are monster spawners).

IP: trstb.us.to or tristanbomb.us.to
The server is running Revelation version 1.8.0

Rules
  • In general: Don't be a richard. Pretty much all of the other rules are variations on this.
  • Do not steal from other players.
  • Do not grief - destroying other players' things, spamming up their place with blocks, etc.
  • Do not PvP/kill other players unless you have specifically agreed to do so.
  • Be respectful in chat.
  • Keep the spawn area nice and tidy.
    • Don't build right next to spawn.
    • If you chop down a tree, replant it. Don't leave half-chopped trees in the air.
    • Don't take the wildberry bushes. They're a food source for new players.
    • You may mine near spawn, but it shouldn't make an ugly hole on the surface.
  • Don't abuse exploits.
  • Don't claim chunks near other players without their permission, or near spawn (see below).
  • Have fun!
If you want to protect your stuff, use FTBUtils! Click on the icon with 3 people at the left side of your inventory. This should allow you to either create or join a team. Once you've done so, you can click the map icon to bring up, well, a map - by clicking on chunks here, you can claim chunks, which protects them. You can also Ctrl+click to permanently load that chunk. You can use right click to un-claim chunks. Please be respectful when claiming chunks. If you abuse this, your claimed chunks will be cleared.

Installation
My recommended launcher is MultiMC, available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. After downloading and installing it, you should switch to the development builds, which allow you to quickly use FTB and Curse packs. Click on Settings at the top, and then change the Update Channel from Stable to Development. Close the Settings, and click Update. This will update your MultiMC version to the development builds. After doing so, click Add Instance at the top, then in the FTB Legacy tab, select FTB Revelation. Make sure the version is 1.8.0, and click OK! Once it downloads and installs, you should be able to launch the instance by double-clicking it or using "Launch" on the right side of the screen. You will probably need to log in with your Mojang account. Once Minecraft has started up, add the server as you would any vanilla server.

Server Status
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:56:48 AM by TristanLuigi »

Apologies for the downtime. Somebody decided to experiment with commands and it crashed the server. We should be back now!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:11:13 PM by TristanLuigi »

can you host anything on the technic launcher and next time post it in off-topic so you would get more players because literally everyone else posts in off topic for minecraft threads

can you host anything on the technic launcher

this is FTB Revelations. This isnt on technic.

i said can he host anything on the technic launcher not host ftb on the technic launcher

wanting to play anything on the technic launcher

what a coincidence. i just started my own revelation server for my friends earlier this week.
i'll hop on this server for a little while this weekend or something.

i said can he host anything on the technic launcher not host ftb on the technic launcher
no, because technic is stuff
> 2018
> not using MultiMC

excuse me if im out of the loop but whats wrong with it

Hey, so...

My neighborhood just lost power. There wasn't a storm or anything, it just went out. Obviously, that meant the server is down, and I haven't a clue when it will come back up.

Power's back.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:34:06 PM by TristanLuigi »

excuse me if im out of the loop but whats wrong with it
Tekkit modpack makers didn't ask for permission from the mod creators back then, a lot of controversial stuff happened as a result.
The Technicpack team don't really make any modpacks anymore.
The Twitch/Curse Launcher makes it easier to add and update mods and is the official client of CurseForge. Has additional non Minecraft features (I use it for WoW addons).
MultiMC uses less resources (for me) and has more features I like.
(Anecdotal) It has been real buggy and unstable for me

It's still decent for sharing private modpacks or packs with non CurseForge mods but these are the reasons why I dont use it.