Author Topic: PSA: Don't use Spectrum as your ISP  (Read 1052 times)

Google Test

Ookla

Spectrum's website (they use Ookla as well?)

In game

(that's what I get for playing spy)

Thus concludes my TEDTalk

sounds like the new hughesnet

ISPs almost entirely depend on where you live. I've heard great things from some people and bad things from others about every single ISP. Looks like you just happen to live where spectrum is stuff, what are you paying for and what region do you live in?

Spectrum is average and reliable, i'm in northeastern texas.

in my area, there's literally no xfinity for 100+ miles. closest one to me is in the southern parts of Virginia.
Spectrum is all that is here, and it's generally cheap, but I don't know the exact costs

in my area, there's literally no xfinity for 100+ miles. closest one to me is in the southern parts of Virginia.
Spectrum is all that is here, and it's generally cheap, but I don't know the exact costs
Well if you live in the middle of nowhere of course your internet is gonna be trash

the house we are renting out has spectrum, and surprisingly fast speeds for such a secluded area. it all depends on your package and location, and actually, depending on your area you can get a great deal like we did. $50/m for 20 upload and 150 download, with 300 for 5ghz
they tend to have random and frequent outages/slower runtimes, had to call them the day before we left to get help since the router messed up all the channels and upload speeds

by any chance do you know how fast your internet was before today?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 04:25:36 PM by Darth C3P0² »

The Starbucks I go to has spectrum and it's pretty good

The Starbucks I go to has spectrum and it's pretty good
thats because they pay extra money
and they arent always in the middle of nowhere

time to lock the thread

You should probably call Spectrum OP.

lol, speed is literally capped at 200mbps as advertised and works fine for me

whattheforget this is the second time that it's a "faulty router"

last one they gave me literally rattled like it had a stuff ton of electronics loose inside of it.
alright then