Author Topic: Check Player's Ping  (Read 1109 times)

A simple thing to see how good a player's connection is to the server.

Example:
Brickybob - 50 (Ms) Ping

Simple as it gets.



echo(findclientbyname("brick").getping());

Only the server can get the ping of other players, and really isn't useful anyways.

Only the server can get the ping of other players, and really isn't useful anyways.
I'd have use of it, because i'd like to see the connections of others. Mainly to see what it is on average, because my internet is baaad.

because my internet is baaad.
Then don't host.

Oh, also I think listPlayers(); on the server displays ping.

Only the server can get the ping of other players, and really isn't useful anyways.
If a user has an absolutely terrible ping in a TDM, some bullets wouldn't register as a hit.

Oh, also I think listPlayers(); on the server displays ping.
Correct. I think it's the last column?

Then don't host.

Oh, also I think listPlayers(); on the server displays ping.
It isn't bad when I'm the only one using the internet, which is almost never. That's why I'd use it, to see how bad it is while my damned sister is facebooking.

Chrono's right, listPlayers(); will display ping among a couple other things like BL_ID and client ID. However, its use is only for the server host.