Author Topic: Bringing back the rope add-on request  (Read 720 times)

So most of you remember that request for a rope projectile or emitter thing by flametail.  Well I'm bringing it back because I want it.

A way that I have thought of making it would be to use events where the event for making rope would be cast from one brick.

The way this eventing would work would be to cast the rope from a single brick at a certain distance from the ground.  There would be two output parameters where the first designates how low you would want the rope to hang and the second would be how far you want the rope to reach.

Onbrickspawn*->self->spawnrope-> (15(plates)) (20)

This would make a rope that droops five bricks and reach 20 bricks away.

Another way would be to designate a brick you want the rope to reach an the hanging distance.

Onbrickspawn*->self->spawnrope-> (ropebrickB) (15(flats))

This would make a rope from one brick to another an that would droop 5 bricks.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 06:35:26 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

One problem. Blockland is like cube everything with yes meshes and stuff. So like the rope can't be flexible or physical except you have something you can do with the fake kill brick event.

One problem. Blockland is like cube everything with yes meshes and stuff. So like the rope can't be flexible or physical except you have something you can do with the fake kill brick event.

Take the grapple rope for example, smart one.

the grapple rope fires a constant stream of projectiles with a gray circle trail particle. Not a good idea if you want a lot of ropes

the grapple rope fires a constant stream of projectiles with a gray circle trail particle. Not a good idea if you want a lot of ropes

With the constant stream of projectiles, using a lot of laser emitters doesn't do much.  The laser does the same.  And I've made a build with many lasers and it didn't lag due to lasers.