Author Topic: Event with key inputs  (Read 1341 times)

This isn't about why you don't use WASD. This is about why other people use them.

After all this started from

I suppose I was used to flash games and such that use arrow keys, or at least offered it as alternative. I remember starting Halo PC and being pissed at having to rebind the movement to the arrows every time I had to reset. Just didn't make sense to me to move with letters when we have arrow keys giving direction. Old habits die hard. :3

I use WASD. But that wasn't the point.
The point is that you can reconfigure the keys temporarily to make event inputs easier. This cannot be abused in any way I can think of, it's only to make things easier.

So, does anyone know how to/want to do this?

DUDE I GIVE YOU 100% SUPPORT! THIS COULD HELP ME SOOO MUCH FOR MY SECRET PROJECT!

I could, might be a little tricky. It'll only be able to target itself though, no named bricks.

It'll also require that the client have the add-on.

i dislike how this would require clientsided scripting
couldn't you just put them in a box and tell them to crouch, forward, back, left, right, or jump?
for crouching you can use zones at the head and see when they leave, or variables

i dislike how this would require clientsided scripting
couldn't you just put them in a box and tell them to crouch, forward, back, left, right, or jump?
for crouching you can use zones at the head and see when they leave, or variables

People rebind keys. All a key press does is a command which the server is told. Whatever button is used is never told to the server.

People rebind keys. All a key press does is a command which the server is told. Whatever button is used is never told to the server.
hence the
i dislike how this would require clientsided scripting

what if you limited it to predefined keys, such as "light key", "left" and "shift brick"?
That wouldn't require client-sided scripting, would it?