Author Topic: Is there a way to view MDL type models out of steam?  (Read 679 times)

I'm trying to view models offline because I'm trying to lower my usage on our data plan.

So yeah, /threadtitle

You'd need to get GCFScape and get to the respective game's GCF's. There's no way to uncompress them with Steam itself.

You'd need to get GCFScape and get to the respective game's GCF's. There's no way to uncompress them with Steam itself.

I have GCFScape

Then open a .gcf from /steamapps and get to the models folder, and extract what you want/everything?

No i mean view them, like trying to use model viewer without steam.

No i mean view them, like trying to use model viewer without steam.

Oh, I see what you mean them. Closest thing would be to get a .mdl converter and get a modelling program.

Oh, I see what you mean them. Closest thing would be to get a .mdl converter and get a modelling program.

I have milkshape atm, apparently it can only view mdl files from hl1.

And out of the sourceSDK?


I guess you could use the MDL Decompiler and open the models in MilkShape.

I guess you could use the MDL Decompiler and open the models in MilkShape.



Found it
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:01:31 PM by Kochieboy »