Author Topic: how do i take a screenshot with my HTC One android phone?  (Read 640 times)

i can't seem to figure it out. i looked in my settings to see if it might show me what button to press for screen capture, but it didnt tell me anywhere. i managed to take a picture somehow, but i can't seem to do it again. i've tried to take a picture like how i do on my dad's iPhone, but it's not working and keeps sending the phone to sleep mode.

Root the phone

some phones dont have screenshot capability

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS)
i'm not going to mess with something that is on par with jailbreaking. i'd probably mess something up.

i'm not going to mess with something that is on par with jailbreaking. i'd probably mess something up.
If you won't do that then why is this thread here?

Google it.  It's usually some combination of the hard button keys if you have any.  My Galaxy S2's is the volume down + lock button.

http://androidadvices.com/screenshot-htc-apps-2-tricks/#.UGYuPU3WySo

confirmed
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:00:01 PM by Nickelob Ultra »

how's he supposed to know he has to screw with his phone to take a screenshot

how's he supposed to know he has to screw with his phone to take a screenshot
*still here

People say otherwise anyway.

there are some apps that might be able to do this, but then again, for those to work, some older versions need to be rooted or something.

Google it.  It's usually some combination of the hard button keys if you have any.  My Galaxy S2's is the volume down + lock button.

http://androidadvices.com/screenshot-htc-apps-2-tricks/#.UGYuPU3WySo

confirmed
I'm trying it, but it's not working. It doesn't go onto the lock screen anymore, but no pictures are being taken. I tried unplugging it from my computer too, and nothing changed.

*still here

Maybe because there are probably other options besides messing with the phone's vital programming (that's more or less bad to mess with in the first place). I'm sure you can respect that I don't want to mess around with something I don't understand, and which sounds like a vital part of the phone's software, right? Also, consider not posting in these type of threads if all you're going to do is dismiss the topic, while never offering any advice. It will solve other's problems, and without the unnecessary drama and negativity.

Maybe because there are probably other options besides messing with the phone's vital programming (that's more or less bad to mess with in the first place). I'm sure you can respect that I don't want to mess around with something I don't understand, and which sounds like a vital part of the phone's software, right? Also, consider not posting in these type of threads if all you're going to do is dismiss the topic, while never offering any advice. It will solve other's problems, and without the unnecessary drama and negativity.

Thanks for reading everything I said.

Thanks for reading everything I said.
Uh, I did? What you said didn't make any sense.