Author Topic: Yay i can play shaders  (Read 1593 times)

save your money, goto newegg, select parts, pay parents and force them to buy it for you and you only
I have a desktop laying around (Windows Vista), It already has a Nvidia graphics card (not sure what kind) should it work for parts? Plus, I only have about 200-250 saved. Is that enough?

$200 is more than enough for a good card. It honestly depends on your case's form factor and if you have an open PCIe x16 slot.
If you post the computer's manufacturer and model I can figure this out for you.

I can run between high and ultra at around 20 fps with about 2k bricks.
Yay 200 fps with max shaders in a popular server ftw

My GTX 550ti can play shaders on the highest setting and still get around 30-50fps.

None of you have answered his question, I will. Its not the amount of ram that will make you able to run Shaders but your graphics card. Your graphics card handles all of the graphical stuff such as things on your screen and games. To describe what RAM is the simplest way to do so is like this, more ram the more things you can have open and doing at the same time. Just having a lot of ram alone is not enough, you need a graphics card and the ram will help for things like large amounts of bricks.

My GTX 550ti can play shaders on the highest setting and still get around 30-50fps.

None of you have answered his question, I will. Its not the amount of ram that will make you able to run Shaders but your graphics card. Your graphics card handles all of the graphical stuff such as things on your screen and games. To describe what RAM is the simplest way to do so is like this, more ram the more things you can have open and doing at the same time. Just having a lot of ram alone is not enough, you need a graphics card and the ram will help for things like large amounts of bricks.

No it can run max shaders great, it just doesn't have good fps.

The Radeon HD 7310M will give you bad shader performance. I have a laptop card that benchmarks twice as good and I lag on anything over low with 10k or more bricks.