Author Topic: Anyone know what's the huge deal with Avro Arrow?  (Read 987 times)

Someone tell me why we need jets that go faster than mach 3

gotta go fast

Interceptors have to be fast to catch up with threats

I've read this thread three times and all I can make of it is that OP is getting assblasted by some airplane not going fast??

I've read this thread three times and all I can make of it is that OP is getting assblasted by some airplane not going fast??

I'm getting assblasted because people think the Avro Arrow was something really special when it wasn't. They are so proud of it they plan to bring it back, a dead-beat 50 year old jet that sucks. And they are forcing us to learn about it in History class. I hate Canada.

I'm getting assblasted because people think the Avro Arrow was something really special when it wasn't. They are so proud of it they plan to bring it back, a dead-beat 50 year old jet that sucks. And they are forcing us to learn about it in History class. I hate Canada.

You know, don't get mad at them because they can only make a plane that hits Mach 3. That's about as fast as you can go when you rely on Maple Syrup as your fuel source.

You poor thing. How dare they make you learn. What horrible people.

Seriously. Canada made their own plane with no one's help. Considering that it's Canada, and they aren't too well known for their highly sophisticated technological innovations, I'd say the fact that they even managed to make a plane that can go that fast is pretty good.

You know, don't get mad at them because they can only make a plane that hits Mach 3. That's about as fast as you can go when you rely on Maple Syrup as your fuel source.

You poor thing. How dare they make you learn. What horrible people.

Seriously. Canada made their own plane with no one's help. Considering that it's Canada, and they aren't too well known for their highly sophisticated technological innovations, I'd say the fact that they even managed to make a plane that can go that fast is pretty good.

yes instead of making me learn about useful things such as how to get a job or resume, i must learn about a dead-beat 50 year old plane that will never exist again and they must shove information down my throat about how worthless it is.

yes instead of making me learn about useful things such as how to get a job or resume, i must learn about a dead-beat 50 year old plane that will never exist again and they must shove information down my throat about how worthless it is.

Were you expecting to learn useful things in school? Because you don't. Unless your teacher is smart like my Government Teacher was and taught us finances and economics near the end of the year.

School teaches you how to think and develop ideas. You don't necessarily learn things
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:17:32 PM by Menen »

Were you expecting to learn useful things in school? Because you don't. Unless your teacher is smart like my Government Teacher was and taught us finances and economics.

I have to do most of my learning by my own on the internet so this is why I'm getting mad. Avro Arrow is a waste of my brain memory space.

I have to do most of my learning by my own on the internet so this is why I'm getting mad. Avro Arrow is a waste of my brain memory space.

Like I said...

School teaches you how to think and develop ideas. You don't necessarily learn things

The fact that you are doing learning on your own is a good thing. It shows that you have the desire to expand your knowledge, unlike most of the deadbeats there were in my class (How they graduated, I don't know.)

It is a big part of Canada's aeronautical history, of course they'll talk about it.
I don't think anyone would be against bringing the Arrow back, fully modernised of course. EDIT: Link to an article regarding the attempt at bringing it back?
School forces you to learn about a lot of stuff you don't like, grow the forget up.
Canada may not be perfect but it's better than the majority of the world.