Poll

White border
4 (23.5%)
Black border
13 (76.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Which one looks better? (Window ModTer Prints)  (Read 1642 times)

Yes I know there are 2 other window ModTer prints but shush, this one uses actual brick shots and fits more to the Blockland style in my opinion.

Debate which one is better. The difference is that the first one uses default Paint.NET Transparency, and since the bricks themselves were white, they turned out to be lighter. The second one uses Black & Alpha, which changed the range of the monochrome and awarded better transparency on the SIDE textures of the windows.

Please note this is not a topic in which you should debate laziness and about this being a game in which you build stuff. The point of those prints is solely for shortening down the brickcount for scenery or for the creation of TDM City arenas; or big cities. Or general use really, everyone uses it for whatever they want to.

The second one looks better

It depends.
I believe the darker windows look better on lighter buildings such as the tan on to the right and the grey (skyscraper?) on the left, while the lighter version fits better on dark houses such as the tall one in the back or the one behind the tan building.
Really, I just like the version that provides the most contrast to the building in question.

If I had to choose one of them, I'd use the 2nd version because it doesn't stand out as much, and wouldn't look as noisy from far away.

Why not both?
<insert meme image of mexican toddler here>

Why not both?
I also need to make "Day" (Cliche and senseless blue) version, and a "Night" version (for whatever reason, since the print does not glow anyway).
That means pretty much mean there would be too much things loaded. I guess I COULD do them in separate packs or so. Sounds like a good idea. At first when I thought about it I thought it was stupid since it would clog the print section too much.
And it does. Since it also mixes with all other ModTer prints.

It depends.
I believe the darker windows look better on lighter buildings such as the tan on to the right and the grey (skyscraper?) on the left, while the lighter version fits better on dark houses such as the tall one in the back or the one behind the tan building.
Really, I just like the version that provides the most contrast to the building in question.
Listen to this man

I honestly don't see enough difference to be of importance.
Either would be fine.

Actually the darker one looks better, oh well, are you planning to release this sometime soon?

Actually the darker one looks better, oh well, are you planning to release this sometime soon?
Planning to get some built windows perhaps for it as well and some general textures like asphalt or brick walls.
Not sure how I'd go with the bricks in particular but I'll see.

Ill do it for you on my server, tells me what you need!

Ill do it for you on my server, tells me what you need!

Idk, just windows. Maximum size is to fit on a 8x cube.