Author Topic: Jail Escape V2  (Read 2558 times)

This is my second jail escape... I know it's not glamorous ( I suck at bldg ), but here you go

scale on 1-10?

Yard

Café

Half of the cells

Art room (inside

Art room (ik it doesn't make sense)

Please don't hate! Thank you!

How can I hate it, I like it so far.  7/10

Cross-posting the same thing in multiple forums is against the forum rules

Cross-posting the same thing in multiple forums is against the forum rules

Except he locked the other one because It was in the wrong place

Again, I would highly suggest you give it a cool theme and beef all the walls up.

Except he locked the other one because It was in the wrong place

Again, I would highly suggest you give it a cool theme and beef all the walls up.

Okay sure. I think I'm going to make one from scratch.

Have you ever been to a jail? Or maybe seen a jail in a movie? At least a picture?

3/10
- if you know it doesn't make sense, then don't include it. Art room? Are you serious? The point is to escape not paint a Picasso while the guards all surround you.
- 0 terrain
- those aren't walls those are bunches of cardboard stacked together.
- If those are supposed to be spikes on top of your gate, lose them. They look like metal antlers. If you want spikes, use a 1x1F round plate.
- Trees magically stop growing outside jail
- your building is as short as a tree (just about). Try again.
- I'm assuming the light grey thing on the far left is a mountain. That should be like the height of your jail max, a mountain/hill/whatever would be 3x that size.
- orange sand bags, all the same size. Make some small, make some curve around, make some into a circle, an oval, etc.
- don't use rounds on your tables, use bricks
- don't cluster 1x1F round plates to make a light. Use something like horizontal pipes and a 2x8F plate for a light fixture.

I can go into more detail if need be, I hope this isn't your final build though. From a gameplay stand point it looks like it's gonna be another "kill everyone regardless of what team you're on" jail escape. From a build stand point, ew.

Have you ever been to a jail? Or maybe seen a jail in a movie? At least a picture?

3/10
- if you know it doesn't make sense, then don't include it. Art room? Are you serious? The point is to escape not paint a Picasso while the guards all surround you.
- 0 terrain
- those aren't walls those are bunches of cardboard stacked together.
- If those are supposed to be spikes on top of your gate, lose them. They look like metal antlers. If you want spikes, use a 1x1F round plate.
- Trees magically stop growing outside jail
- your building is as short as a tree (just about). Try again.
- I'm assuming the light grey thing on the far left is a mountain. That should be like the height of your jail max, a mountain/hill/whatever would be 3x that size.
- orange sand bags, all the same size. Make some small, make some curve around, make some into a circle, an oval, etc.
- don't use rounds on your tables, use bricks
- don't cluster 1x1F round plates to make a light. Use something like horizontal pipes and a 2x8F plate for a light fixture.

I can go into more detail if need be, I hope this isn't your final build though. From a gameplay stand point it looks like it's gonna be another "kill everyone regardless of what team you're on" jail escape. From a build stand point, ew.

That's mean, well it would be nice that you would have only left the constructive criticism, was the ew really necessary?

and the

I hope this isn't your final build though. From a gameplay stand point it looks like it's gonna be another "kill everyone regardless of what team you're on" jail escape. From a build stand point, ew.

Didn't you read my last post

Okay sure. I think I'm going to make one from scratch.

That's mean, well it would be nice that you would have only left the constructive criticism, was the ew really necessary?
Define: Constructive criticism-
The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards. Constructive criticism must always focus on the work rather than the person. Personality issues must always be avoided.

Being nice is optional, so long as I'm not flat-out attacking you or instigating.

and the
What's your point in quoting this part. It looks ugly and based upon the design and the thought you've put into, it looks like it's going to be ANOTHER jail RP that's just a TDM. I've built 3 jail escapes, administrated for 4 others. I know my way around the jail escape gamemode, and this isn't it.

Didn't you read my last post
I did read your last post, yes. However I also wouldn't be surprised if halfway through work you said "eh forget it I'll use the one I already have." Chiefly because I would do the same thing (I'm lazy.) My reason for making that statement was incentive to continue working on the newer version, hopefully with some better building.

The purpose of gallery is to share creative work
the other (unspoken) purpose is to improve on ones work based upon the advice given by the forums.

Not every gallery gets improvement tips. Not every gallery needs much improvement at all. This is not one of those cases in my opinion. You could improve a lot about the build, and I'm hoping that with your 'from scratch' build you will improve. If you don't want people to rate your build poorly and give constructive criticism, either learn to build better or don't post in gallery. Simple.

Or y'know, don't take my advice, do your own thing, it's your server.

The purpose of gallery is to share creative work
the other (unspoken) purpose is to improve on ones work based upon the advice given by the forums.

Not every gallery gets improvement tips. Not every gallery needs much improvement at all. This is not one of those cases in my opinion. You could improve a lot about the build, and I'm hoping that with your 'from scratch' build you will improve. If you don't want people to rate your build poorly and give constructive criticism, either learn to build better or don't post in gallery. Simple.

Or y'know, don't take my advice, do your own thing, it's your server.

Okay Thanks! Nah, I'm tired of being lazy. Look at my id, I should be able to build/script better than this by now... So, don't worry about that xD

I'm a 10k... ID has absolutely nothing to do with it. I've built on BL for 3 years, roblox for 2 years, legos for 11 years, Kinex for 4 years...

It's just practice across a broad spectrum.

But good luck regardless, post pictures (make a new topic, it should be a while)

I'll build and improve on it with you if you want. Maybe show you a few building tips?
I suggest downloading BlackDragonIV's brickpack if you haven't already

Damn, some good prison food! Worth getting arrested for amirite?!?

anyway i like it definetly better than i would do

1. I'll build and improve on it with you if you want.
2.Maybe show you a few building tips?
3. I suggest downloading BlackDragonIV's brickpack if you haven't already

1.I really don't want to improve on this build, it's better to make a new one. If you want to help me go ahead, just set up a server and pm me. I'll be available after 3 or 6 on some days (need a solid schedual [not yet tho] if you don't mind ( I have band to attend to ).
2.Be my guest.
3.Oh thanks, I'll download it asap.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:55:56 PM by chubaka452 »