Author Topic: Buying New Laptop  (Read 1139 times)

Never used this before, but plenty of my friends and people on this forum have said good things about it.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/?gaming
that actually looks really good for the price
but I do like the alienware style and the numpad will probably throw me off

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TB8X8GA
looks like a good size + resolution, but probably not a large enough hard drive
looks like the same SSD as the m15x but without the 1 TB HDD

probably just going to roll with alienware again

I paid $1800 for the Lenovo Y50 and it's amazing. Thin, sleek and lightweight, but also performs very well. I can run soft shaders at 30-60 FPS on most Blockland servers and play all games on max settings.

OP your one of the few people that probably didn't receive a defective Alienware laptop, look it up and you find stories of dead on arrival units, dead led's, certain keys on the keyboard not working, defective usb ports that don't recognize devices.

I have stayed away from alienware because of their stuffty rep and on top of that they have been owned by dell for a while now.

If I where you I would go for the Razer Blade, that is quality for the price, or get a ROG Certified laptop.

OP your one of the few people that probably didn't receive a defective Alienware laptop, look it up and you find stories of dead on arrival units, dead led's, certain keys on the keyboard not working, defective usb ports that don't recognize devices.

I have stayed away from alienware because of their stuffty rep and on top of that they have been owned by dell for a while now.

If I where you I would go for the Razer Blade, that is quality for the price, or get a ROG Certified laptop.
I guess im also a lucky person because back in Dec. 2013 I ordered an Alienrware 14. Started it up, and it worked like a charm. Ive had it for about 2 years now, and it works perfectly

But yeah, Try getting something better. I only got an Alienware because I was to naive to realize its bad reputation to many customers
Hope you find something good.

the worst thing that my current alienware shipped with was a streak across the screen, but it is barely noticeable when not looking for it
so I've just ignored it for the past two years

that and there's a popup that keeps coming up every so often about alienrespawn crashing

but overall, I'd say worth it, if it does ship broken, then i'll just return it

wait is something wrong with dell?

wait is something wrong with dell?
When Dell absorbed Alienware it absorbed the rep as well.
I guess because wherever the hell Alienware laptops are manufactured, Dell probably now manufactures some of their laptops there too.

get an origin eon15-x. it's got a desktop processor in it and i think you can get a 980m in it as well. you can pretty much customize it to what you want. no bloatware, either.

edit: took a look and you can get all of their recommended stuff under 2400 if you get rid of the bluray software. you can also get screen calibration and overclockng for it

i hear the razer blade is pretty sweet too but i dunno how much it costs
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:22:32 PM by carolcat »

get an origin eon15-x. it's got a desktop processor in it and i think you can get a 980m in it as well. you can pretty much customize it to what you want. no bloatware, either.

Carolcat wins the thread, that thing is loving amazing.

And it supports M.2.

holy stuff mechanical keyboard in a laptop what
but it's 2000+ for a 965m
you can put a dedicated card in it

edit: took a look and you can get all of their recommended stuff under 2400 if you get rid of the bluray software. you can also get screen calibration and overclockng for it

that looks pretty baller