Author Topic: starting a blog, need cheap hosting  (Read 1695 times)

Lol, I don't use 800kw only on my PC. Take into account the water pump, the fridge, the freezer, the air compressor, the coffee maker, etc.


Lol, I don't use 800kw only on my PC. Take into account the water pump, the fridge, the freezer, the air compressor, the coffee maker, etc.
A computer of say, 400 watts (a decent estimate if he's using the same one he uses for gaming) would use 9.6kWh per day. That's 288kWh per month. At an average of 12 cents per kWh, that's $3.46/month.You also have to factor in things like increased heating costs in the summer, repairs to computer hardware, etc.

A few years ago I rented hosting for a few months for $1.99/month. If his site gets little traffic, there's a pay as you go hosting provider someone posted a while ago with very good rates, that would be even lower.