Author Topic: help me: can't purchase games on steam  (Read 2489 times)

my mother agreed to purchase games on steam for my account using her credit card, but the purchase apparently failed.
the games have been sitting in my cart since and i can't repurchase them

they are also still on my wishlist.
they do, however appear in my games library, but i can't install them

i've never had this issue before. how long do i have to wait? do i have to refund and repurchase?

If I were you I'd just do what they say and wait. Refunding and repurchasing might mess it up, and whatever small amount of time you have to wait to play these games is probably not worth saving.

there's a page where you can rebuy them using the same money from the pending purchase. i don't remember where it is, but this same thing happened to me

there's a page where you can rebuy them using the same money from the pending purchase.
i found that, but it says i have to wait a few days before i can repurchase
guess i DO just have to wait it out

edit: found this:

found it after going into Support > A Purchase, then clicking the green shopping cart next to one of the games steam apparently failed to purchase

only problem is i still can't rebuy since "Purchase for myself" is grayed out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:05:59 AM by Cloudworxz »

Steam Support.
Seriously, nobody here can fix any errors on the Steam Store's end.

Steam Support.
Seriously, nobody here can fix any errors on the Steam Store's end.
i asked them, they replied with this:
Hello Harry,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

This transaction is currently pending.

Processing is normally completed within an hour - in some cases, it can be delayed for a few days. Steam Support cannot expedite this process.

Steam will send an email receipt to you when payment is received for your purchase. During this time you are free to continue shopping for other games, but you will not be able to re-purchase any products included in this transaction.

If your purchase fails, Steam will save your cart. You will receive an email that includes a link allowing you to retry the transaction. You will have 72 hours to complete your repurchase.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

i suppose i'll give them a few days and if i still receive nothing then i'll try to get in touch again