Author Topic: Need some metals that dont corrode but conduct electricity  (Read 4548 times)

IDK the word for when wire is on with electricity

IDK the word for when wire is on with electricity
maybe then you're not qualified enough to give advice on this matter.

um
energy = light = heat
also this probably isnt an experiment of "Make Wire Go In Water But Make Water Not Go"
its probably just "Will Unprotected Wire Make Both Water And Wire Go?"
and you just respond with "Yes Unprotected Wire Like Aluminum Or Bronze Or Other Wire Make Water Go"
unless the goal is to make wire go without water going but needing specific wire-to-go and if that wire goes AND the water goes then its a failed test but it needs to be unprotected wire to go aswell in water but without making the water go is loving handicapped

Wtf am I reading? "Yes Unprotected Wire Like Aluminum Or Bronze Or Other Wire Make Water Go"? What? How do you make water "go"? Why did you capitalize every word?

Anyway, jesus, Zinc. It's cheap and doesn't corrode. Just don't zap yourself when you go through with whatever this terrible experiment is.

Use gold. It's hard to corrode it, and it'll make your project have some bling.

OK i think i got it now
it depends wether or not the test is "which metal can conduct electricity without making the water conduct anything and/or corrode least" rather than simply "how can i make this bare metal conduct electricity without making the water do it too"
you should probably try different metals and write the results down
you could get a better grade for bonus effort

What about lead?
Lead is a terrible conductor AND it's poisonous.

Aluminium.

It's almost as conductive as gold, it doesn't corrode, and it's cheap.

But, seriously:
If you want help with the assignment, why don't you tell us what the assignment is? I find it hard to believe your teacher told you to go home and run an exposed wire through water and attach it to a battery. If they did, they should be fired.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:48:51 PM by TristanLuigi »

If you want help with the assignment, why don't you tell us what the assignment is? I find it hard to believe your teacher told you to go home and run an exposed wire through water and attach it to a battery. If they did, they should be fired.