Author Topic: [NEWS] Feminists chant Allahu Akbar.  (Read 9830 times)

yep definitely no reason why that source would cast the data in a misleading way

did you even read the stats or their sources or did you immediately go "right-wing fake news" like everyone else seems to be doing nowadays

sites that exist exclusively to feed confirmation bias are not the most sporting resources to bring in. that site also references the same sets of data many times to make it seem like there are more statistics than there really are and seems to be doing some wordplay, like changing "finds x justifiable" to "supports x," etc., which is slightly concerning

and one set of data that was referenced a few times (an "ICM opinion poll") only has a sample size of 500, which is laughably tiny, and they misrepresent the data there anyways and skip over the part where 99% of the sample thought the 7/7 attacks were wrong http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html . they emphasize the figure talking about the 20% of the tiny sample felt sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the attackers, but they intend to represent that as 20% when it isn't, but rather understanding of why the attackers would have been motivated in the first place, and even then, 75% still said they did not sympathize, so i have no idea why this is particular data set is supposed to be compelling in the slightest

they also reference a lot of things that basically seem to indicate that people in the middle east and the surrounding regions don't like america and some non-insignificant portion of people support attacking america, which also isn't too surprising given recent political history

did you even read the stats or their sources or did you immediately go "right-wing fake news" like everyone else seems to be doing nowadays
Its a classic liberal playing card, only difference here is, there wasn't even an attempt at being subtle about it. 

I'm just saying - if I was looking for reputable information on the Holocaust, my first stop wouldn't be Stormfront.

Its a classic liberal playing card, only difference here is, there wasn't even an attempt at being subtle about it.  
Filtering sources by credibility is like a basic part of filtering evidence. If that website has anything valuable to say, it can be summarized in unbiased sources of statistics/data.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:18:45 PM by SeventhSandwich »

It doesn't take a genius to realize a website sarcastically dubbed "The religion of peace" is going to have confirmation bias against the Islamic religion. While it's not really reasonable to 100% dismiss it, ignoring context to try and fault him for this only makes your sleight that much more ridiculous.